Current time: 03/05/2024, 04:10 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Gold for MCSL
Stagecoach Gold for MCSL
With Stagecoach MCSL Operations Director tweeting last month that he was off to Milton Keynes to check out Stagecoach Gold, it had me thinking that maybe he has plans to introduce it in our region. Now I cant think of any routes in Gillmoss that could get it and im not familiar with the majority of Preston and Chorley routes, but I do have 2 routes in mind. The X8 and the X2 (Preston - Liverpool). What are your thoughts on this and if it is to happen, what routes do you think will become 'Gold'?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
RE: Stagecoach Gold for MCSL
X2 certainly a possibility, not sure about X8 just yet though. Nothing at GM unless they do 10A but really why would you gold that route
I think most people will be slightly surprised about the choice of route, and others will have their opinions of Stagecoach intentions proved right...

Chorley's 125 is supposed to be going Gold (as has been rumoured for the last few years), but there are other routes....
I think making the X8 Stagecoach Gold would enhance the routes profile and attract new customers, I think given the fact Arriva have brought Sapphire to the area for a second time, Stagecoach need to show the X8 off as a high profile route!

[Image: 28219738595_5f67980003_m.jpg]
(02/04/2015 19:25)MPTE1955 Wrote:  X2 certainly a possibility, not sure about X8 just yet though. Nothing at GM unless they do 10A but really why would you gold that route

Given the quality of Arriva's deckers on the route, I think Stagecoach need to play catch up in some form or other.
(02/04/2015 21:14)St Helens Rider Wrote:  Given the quality of Arriva's deckers on the route, I think Stagecoach need to play catch up in some form or other.

I was thinking this for the 471/2 - Arriva's hybrid spec aren't far short of Sapphire, so SC Gold on this route would bring Stagecoach up to the same standard. The Enviro 400s could then be released to Liverpool, if they weren't refurbished, for use on busier routes currently served by singles.
(02/04/2015 21:14)St Helens Rider Wrote:  Given the quality of Arriva's deckers on the route, I think Stagecoach need to play catch up in some form or other.

To be honest the deckers on 10's are nothing special, they are just normal Enviro400s with a bit of leather seating covering and Wi-fi, so other than being newer they are not really any different to the earlier ones. However, I agree that SC need to catch up in the decker aspect on this route although I don't exactly dislike the Enviro300 as a bus.
The route that springs to mind is the 125 Preston to Bolton route for me.
125 is going Gold as I said before, but is not the route referred to here Wink
If its a route thats going to have deckers then they are probably going to be new rather than refurbished I think, therefore releasing deckers that could well be sent to Gillmoss to replace the ones there (that we know are being replaced this year). Whats the PVR of the 125? And also the X2?

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)