Current time: 26/04/2024, 18:46 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Complaints to Arriva
Complaints to Arriva
I know this might be a very touchy subject, but id like to know what peoples opinions are on this. Over month ago, I had put a complaint to arriva in regards to a service that kept going out of service. So i decided to phone arriva customers services, I spoke to a young lady who obviously just wasnt listening and in the end replied and said we will reply within 10 working days. 27 working days later i finally got a response, and today I received a lovely letter with just 13 words

I honestly just think it wasnt worth the paper, and got (two free single tickets) **blows raspberry**.

I do think that this is a complete shambles.... and quite frankly shocking.

What do you think, anyone else had something simliar.

I appreciate this is just my thoughts and possibly a touchy subject to put on the forum.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
RE: Complaints to Arriva
(27/02/2015 21:39)cx04axy Wrote:  I know this might be a very touchy subject, but id like to know what peoples opinions are on this. Over month ago, I had put a complaint to arriva in regards to a service that kept going out of service. So i decided to phone arriva customers services, I spoke to a young lady who obviously just wasnt listening and in the end replied and said we will reply within 10 working days. 27 working days later i finally got a response, and today I received a lovely letter with just 13 words

I honestly just think it wasnt worth the paper, and got (two free single tickets) **blows raspberry**.

I do think that this is a complete shambles.... and quite frankly shocking.

What do you think, anyone else had something simliar.

I appreciate this is just my thoughts and possibly a touchy subject to put on the forum.

About three months ago I emailed Arriva about the failure of two evening services. A few weeks later I received a telephone call from Arriva apologising for the failure of these services. The young lady said that they had verified and accepted my complaint through their vehicle location system and explained the reason why the services had failed was because of severe congestion on the route in question. Whilst it wasn't a perfect response at least it acknowledged there was an issue and a full apology was offered, something that I was not expecting.
I've made a number of complaints all Birkenhead, one regarding a driver making a call while the bus was in motion, and another because the driver flew past despite me making a clear signal long before he reached the stop. I found on both occasions I eventually got a letter, both with near enough the exact same answer... Basically saying they're very sorry, the driver was spoken to and it is now noted on their record.

My mum complained a month ago, got a reply in the post yesterday,with the same response.

Quite useless.

I am no longer active on this forum.
There was an article some months ago in Buses about how the major bus companies deal with customer/passenger complaints. I seem to remember both Arriva and First didn't seem to fair well as customer complaints are normally dealt with by dedicated customer service agents who in my opinion are paid to simply tell us what we want to hear but actually do very little about the actual issue.

I know when I've complained to First in the past you get a very standard letter/response saying the information has been passed on to the drivers superiors but nothing actually seems to get done. It's very frustrating and puts you off complaining.
What makes me laugh about Arriva when you phone their customer service dept pressing numbers 1-7 I.E wales, north west, Yorkshire etc and you still end up with the same team
(28/02/2015 23:00)cx04axy Wrote:  What makes me laugh about Arriva when you phone their customer service dept pressing numbers 1-7 I.E wales, north west, Yorkshire etc and you still end up with the same team

Arh I'd forgotten it dealt with by one national team based in the North East?? I seem to remember.
Selecting a number for each area or region is s common ploy by customer service depts up and down the country. By thinking your getting through to a local team it makes you think your getting somewhere. It's probably very cost effective having one national team dealing with it but as I've already said it's very frustrating when nothing actually gets done about the complaint.
(01/03/2015 08:40)Mayneway Wrote:  Arh I'd forgotten it dealt with by one national team based in the North East?? I seem to remember.
Selecting a number for each area or region is s common ploy by customer service depts up and down the country. By thinking your getting through to a local team it makes you think your getting somewhere. It's probably very cost effective having one national team dealing with it but as I've already said it's very frustrating when nothing actually gets done about the complaint.

Having set up systems similar to this, it is probably so that when the call handler recieves the call, they know which area they're dealing with and can act accordingly
(01/03/2015 08:42)Enviro400 Wrote:  Having set up systems similar to this, it is probably so that when the call handler recieves the call, they know which area they're dealing with and can act accordingly

Basically so the call handler dosen't have to ask the caller which area thier calling from as it might frustrate him/her even more Smile
If you listen carefully on the phone you can hear peoples details over the other end of the phone
(01/03/2015 08:40)Mayneway Wrote:  Arh I'd forgotten it dealt with by one national team based in the North East?? I seem to remember.

The Customer Service team are based in Luton - Arriva's headquarters are in the North East

Your roving North East reporter, bring you the latest news from Arriva North East, Stagcoach North East and Go North East.

My Flickr
Updated regularly
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)