Current time: 08/05/2024, 19:13 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

The X-ANC/HJA/OBN Dennis Darts
The X-ANC/HJA/OBN Dennis Darts
After the conclusion of the withdrawal of the Marshalls, the thread I created seemed to be quite successful keeping us up to date with their demise so I feel its worth a try to replicate it for the X reg Pointers and ALX200s.

Any news please post on here.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
RE: The X-ANC/HJA/OBN Dennis Darts
To get started Southport are due to place 2264 and 2266 into the Pool imminently.

MX59JZJ and sth77 have logged on the St. Helens thread that 2209,2213, 2242 and 2269 have turned their last wheel.
Will the X reg cadets be getting withdrawn as well or are these going to last a little bit longer? Havnt seen them mentioned anywhere yet.
(24/10/2014 10:16)Shaun821 Wrote:  Will the X reg cadets be getting withdrawn as well or are these going to last a little bit longer? Havnt seen them mentioned anywhere yet.

Birkenhead base Cadet X448HJA has fitted new Engine recently, but not sure about new gearbox? Should be bit longer service.
(24/10/2014 10:16)Shaun821 Wrote:  Will the X reg cadets be getting withdrawn as well or are these going to last a little bit longer? Havnt seen them mentioned anywhere yet.

A source in Laird Street has informed me as of yet, theyre not on the cards to go. They'll most likely collapse before their planned disposal!

I am no longer active on this forum.
With about a good 100 single deck X reg vehicles in the fleet, will there be any brand new single deck replacements? If so what are they most likely to be? Arriva in this region dont seem keen on Enviro200s, although i have read on the Wrexham thread that they are due some soon.
(24/10/2014 14:14)Shaun821 Wrote:  With about a good 100 single deck X reg vehicles in the fleet, will there be any brand new single deck replacements? If so what are they most likely to be? Arriva in this region dont seem keen on Enviro200s, although i have read on the Wrexham thread that they are due some soon.

Reading the 'Fleet News' section of 'Buses' magazine shows that the standard single decker being supplied to Arriva depots across the country seems to be the Wright Streetlite in its many forms, with a few Enviro200s as well.

Realistically, Arriva need to find a vehicle that will stand up to intensive service as well as the Volvo/Endurances did. Some of Southport's 2010 Pulsars have 530,000+ kilometres on the clock already and are in need of serious attention. I can't see them lasting as long as the Endurances, or even the Marshall Darts!

I'm puzzled as to why Arriva don't seem to favour a Scania chassis as the ones I drove at Stagecoach (albeit double deckers) felt like good quality vehicles.
Is 2253 kncoking about still? Also what's happened to 2238-2253 that used to work the 130 route?

One of the welsh depots have got 2258 (x258 hja)
2238-2253 got spread around a little bit although most can be found at southport and St Helens.
[quote='MPTE1955' pid='64836' dateline='1414314556']
2238-2253 got spread around a little bit although most can be found at southport and St Helens.
[/quote

Lets hope the urban 90 ones go very quickly,must be up there with the most uncomfortable seating
ever produced

Cheers
Rob Day

Formerly

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)