Current time: 04/05/2024, 08:39 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Merseytravel journey planner
Merseytravel journey planner
Just noticed, merseytravel now have a new journey planner on their website:
http://jp.merseytravel.gov.uk/nwm/XSLT_T...anguage=en

Plus they've now got an app on iPhone and android. Just search for merseytravel in your App Store.
Works well.

And a competition!
http://www.merseytravel.gov.uk/Tickets/c...vings.aspx
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
RE: Merseytravel journey planner
Another good thing about the app is that it features luve departure times (certainly when I have tried it recently).
(31/05/2014 12:05)St Helens Rider Wrote:  Another good thing about the app is that it features luve departure times (certainly when I have tried it recently).

Its difficult to search for a location though. Say I select a road it will give me several options and doesn't specify direction. It should do both sides of the road for each location. It would also be useful to have a real time map - much like the Arriva app (but which doens't have RT info for most of Merseyside yet, strangely!).
I used the new planner on my laptop last week and, sure enough, it was giving real time bus information, at least for Arriva services. When I downloaded the new app it was also giving real time details for Arriva services. Having just returned from a short holiday abroad today I was surprised to find that the real time information is no longer available. Can anybody enlighten me?
The real time info is being rolled out across the whole of Merseyside over the next 12 months
(10/06/2014 13:09)mr t Wrote:  The real time info is being rolled out across the whole of Merseyside over the next 12 months

Thanks for that information but what I really wanted to know is why did this new system start giving RTI but has now stopped doing so? Did somebody accidentally press the wrong button on a server or is the system still being tested? Or, is it something to do with having to pay the German company who developed and own the licence to the software? The system obviously works so why do we have to wait until next year before it goes live? I told several people about the RTI and am now being accused of being either senile, a story-teller or disingenuous.
(11/06/2014 13:22)Barney Wrote:  Thanks for that information but what I really wanted to know is why did this new system start giving RTI but has now stopped doing so? Did somebody accidentally press the wrong button on a server or is the system still being tested? Or, is it something to do with having to pay the German company who developed and own the licence to the software? The system obviously works so why do we have to wait until next year before it goes live? I told several people about the RTI and am now being accused of being either senile, a story-teller or disingenuous.

I checked the app yesterday and, to my surprise, Stagecoach services were also showing real-time information. As soon as these trials are completed, Merseytravel should advertise this app and its real-time facility. This and the real-time displays being installed at bus stops will be of great benefit to bus passengers.
(12/08/2014 14:32)Barney Wrote:  I checked the app yesterday and, to my surprise, Stagecoach services were also showing real-time information. As soon as these trials are completed, Merseytravel should advertise this app and its real-time facility. This and the real-time displays being installed at bus stops will be of great benefit to bus passengers.

I've found the Stagecoach live times rather intermittent at the minute. Merseytravel are already advertising the app online on Twitter as well on their website and in timetable booklets and on timetables at bus stops too.

busambassador on Instagram, Flickr & TikTok | Merseyside Buses on YouTube
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)