Current time: 24/04/2024, 23:27 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva App
Arriva App
Arriva launched their new mobile phone app earlier this year and the feature that I find most appealing is the provision of real time information. Initially the app only gave scheduled times but it is now starting to show real time information. The first area to give RTI was the north east but, more recently, areas such as Yorkshire and the south east now give this vital piece of information. Tonight I noticed that buses operating out of Rhyl are now showing RTI. Does anybody know when this facility will be available in Merseyside?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
RE: Arriva App
They reckon it will be active in all operating areas shortly.
Runcorn buses are now appearing on the livemap
They reckon it will be available for the northwest very shortly.
Quick check of the app now shows live times on buses in North Wales and Runcorn/Widnes including services 79C and 82A to/from Liverpool
Update for the Arriva Bus App now has real time information of buses in 'most areas'. Looks like the North West is covered, as real time info is shown in Cheshire, Greater Manchester, Lancashire, Merseyside and North Wales.
(24/06/2014 18:48)SF07 Wrote:  Update for the Arriva Bus App now has real time information of buses in 'most areas'. Looks like the North West is covered, as real time info is shown in Cheshire, Greater Manchester, Lancashire, Merseyside and North Wales.

Most Arriva areas, with the exception of Merseyside depots, are now giving real time information. However, Arriva services on the Merseytravel app are intermittently giving real time information. Last week that information saved me from a long walk home.
(24/06/2014 20:32)Barney Wrote:  However, Arriva services on the Merseytravel app are intermittently giving real time information. Last week that information saved me from a long walk home.

You've just reminded me, I was waiting for the last 437 bus to Liverpool in Upton with 10 other people, the bus was due at 23:43 although there was no sign of it by 23:50 so I fired up the Merseytravel app, fortunately it was receiving live times from the bus and was in fact running 20 minutes late (which showed up on the screen) we later found it was due to the amount of people wanting to use the service. It finally arrived at 00:06 with a standing load, then as we all clambered aboard the bus was officially full and set down only was implemented until Birkenhead Bus Station.

busambassador on Instagram, Flickr & TikTok | Merseyside Buses on YouTube
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Real time displays have started appearing at the stops in Crosby and Waterloo!
Buses operating out of Speke depot are starting to appear on the live map.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)