Current time: 26/04/2024, 14:07 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Electrification - General
Electrification - General
A thread to cover all the other electrification projects outside the Lancashire Triangle.

Masts have now appeared at Reading on the new Platforms 12/13 and 14/15. The east end of the new depot is now wired.

All time rail mileage travelled 327264 miles
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
RE: Electrification - General
Also, there is reference in Modern Railways of ScotRail planning for electrification of the Cumbernauld line in time for the Commonwealth Games next July. I believe they want the Whifflet branch electrified by then too.
(26/10/2013 23:08)Metroline1511 Wrote:  Also, there is reference in Modern Railways of ScotRail planning for electrification of the Cumbernauld line in time for the Commonwealth Games next July. I believe they want the Whifflet branch electrified by then too.

Rutherglen to Whifflet is to be electrified by the same method as Paisley Canal.It is planned that services from Whifflet will run into Glasgow Central LL and continue to stations on North Clydeside.

More overhead gantry work has taken place at Reading with masts now appearing on Platform 11.

(28/10/2013 14:05)childwallblues Wrote:  
(26/10/2013 23:08)Metroline1511 Wrote:  Also, there is reference in Modern Railways of ScotRail planning for electrification of the Cumbernauld line in time for the Commonwealth Games next July. I believe they want the Whifflet branch electrified by then too.

Rutherglen to Whifflet is to be electrified by the same method as Paisley Canal.It is planned that services from Whifflet will run into Glasgow Central LL and continue to stations on North Clydeside.

I was recently in the Whifflet/Coatbridge area. Gantry work already very much in evidence towards Cumbernauld. This should ultimately form part of the Glasgow - Edinburgh via Falkirk wiring.
The Government have announced that electrification of both the Midland Main Line and the Trans Pennine routes will now go ahead.

Excellent news. For those interested here are a couple of articles about the TransPennine and MML electrification

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-34402592

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/trans...-to-resume

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)