Current time: 01/05/2024, 04:33 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Royal Mail :Flotation
Royal Mail :Flotation
The Royal Mail is to be floated on the London Stock Exchange .

The Flotation is expected to bring in between £2 - £3 Billion .

Interesting times ahead at Royal Mail
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
RE: Royal Mail :Flotation
This country will have no assets left at this level of privatisation. This government keep the bad side of the banks in public hands and sell the good profit making side. Now they sell Royal Mail while it's in profit. As has been proved by Water, Gas, Electric and Railways - privatisation is a failed economic model and will only work out to be a bad deal/worse service for the public while the fat cats cream it all in.
Conservatives are the kings of privatisation, remember last time they were in, sold off everything and the reason buses were privatised. This latest sale is due to the fact that they are borrowing more than they said they would and this will fill a small hole.
(10/07/2013 17:10)MPTE1955 Wrote:  Conservatives are the kings of privatisation, remember last time they were in, sold off everything and the reason buses were privatised. This latest sale is due to the fact that they are borrowing more than they said they would and this will fill a small hole.

No, it will go a small way to try and fill an ever deepening hole in Gideon's Micky mouse economic policy.

Why should we buy what we already own?
(11/07/2013 21:18)DVL418 Wrote:  
(10/07/2013 17:10)MPTE1955 Wrote:  Conservatives are the kings of privatisation, remember last time they were in, sold off everything and the reason buses were privatised. This latest sale is due to the fact that they are borrowing more than they said they would and this will fill a small hole.

No, it will go a small way to try and fill an ever deepening hole in Gideon's Micky mouse economic policy.

Why should we buy what we already own?

I agree, think I was being a bit lenient. I'm not even going to start on that idiot Osborne.
The sad fact is, the Post Office has been in a state of 'managed decline' for years, with a lack of investment and shortage of staff.
In fact, I reckon the Government's been DELIBERATELY running it down in preparation for its saleSad

This is why you get the ridiculous situation where a stamp costs 60-odd pence and -when you eventually get your 'snailmail'- it arrives at two o' clock in the afternoon!

Sure it's 'inefficient', BUT ONLY BECAUSE OF GOVERNMENT NEGLECT!Sad
Privatisation is a bigger joke than Monty Python!!
It's not that long back that we had 2 postal deliveries a day and post was collected 3 or 4 times on work-days. I've had post delivered at 8 30 in the morning and all times up to 4 15 in the afternoon! I'll guarantee that stamp prices will go up and that staff will be made redundant soon after privatisation. When buses and trains were privatised we were told that fares would go down and that services would improve!

Mal

Madder and white; probably the best livery in the world!
Its gonna turn into BR all over again lots of stuff crappy service and things late soon companies like DHL/UPS/FEDEX/TNT will be far bigger in the uk than Royal Mail with customers leaving them

http://busncoachfleetlists.comli.com/ The new fleetlist site containing lots of new things

Currently the Macclesfield photographer for anything Arriva Macclesfield and Winsford, Arriva Wythenshawe, High Peaks, Aimees, Holmeswood, GHA and anything else I photograph

My blog http://maccbusspotter.blogspot.co.uk/
apart from royal mail ups is the only company i had dealings with and they been grand so if royal fail do go downhill think i will get in contact with them

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
It seems that if you was one of the ones that managed to afford to get Royal Mail Shares you made a small windfall.

It is amazing why this was not sold off at the time of Margaret Thatchers great sell off in the 1980's , she must have thought it was too much of a hot potato at the time and the other sector's like the phones , gas , water and electricity were more palatable .

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)