Current time: 24/04/2024, 21:08 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Timings - Hooton Helsby 150th
Information Timings - Hooton Helsby 150th
The railway between Hooton and Helsby is 150 years old on 1st July 2013 and to celebrate 150 years of rail Merseyrail, Northern Rail, Arriva Trains Wales together with Cheshire West & Chester, volunteers from Little Sutton, Ellesmere Port, & Helsby & Frodsham (North Cheshire Rail Users) are organising a special train.

Runs 06 July 2013 only.

Liverpool Lime Street 0942
Warrington Bank Quay 1012
Frodsham 1023
Helsby 1029a 1035d 1210d
Ince and Elton 1038 1213
Stanlow and Thornton 1041 1216
Ellesmere Port 1047 1220
1053 1223
Overpool 1057 1227
Little Sutton 1100 1230
Hooton 1109a 1238a

Hooton 1137d 1307d
Little Sutton 1142 1312
Overpool 1145 1314
Ellesmere Port 1148 1317
1149 1318
Stanlow and Thornton 1154 1322
Ince and Elton 1157 1325
Helsby 1202a 1330a 1332d
Frodsham 1337
Runcorn 1346
Liverpool South Parkway 1355
Liverpool Lime Street 1407

Travel is glamorous only in retrospect.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Fares & Ticketing
Special train ticket information:

The price is £10 adult / £5 child. No railcard or child discounts. Valid for travel on Saturday 6 July 2013 only. Available to purchase from any Northern or Merseyrail staffed station from Monday 1 July 2013 – ask for a Helsby Hooton 150 Day Ranger.

Valid for travel as follows:

Northern Rail:

• Any service between Liverpool Lime Street and Liverpool South Parkway / Warrington Bank Quay including intermediate stations
• 0942 Liverpool Lime Street – Hooton via Warrington Bank Quay special
• 1137 Hooton – Helsby special
• 1210 Helsby – Hooton special
• 1307 Hooton – Liverpool Lime Street via Runcorn (mainline) special

Merseyrail Electrics:

• Any service between Ellesmere Port / Hooton and Liverpool City Centre including intermediate stations
• Any service between Liverpool City Centre stations and Liverpool South Parkway including intermediate stations

Information Other Info
A miniature steam engine will be on display at Helsby Station as part of a station open day & there will hopefully be activities at other stations along the line – Ellesmere Port & Little Sutton. A vintage bus service and a new Stagecoach bus will also operate between Helsby and Ellesmere Port in the afternoon; from Helsby at 13.35; 14.05; 15.00; 16.30; and from Ellesmere Port at 13.00; 13.25; 14.15; 14.45 (times are provisional), for which donations will be sought.

We are also pleased to be able to offer FREE ENTRY to the National Waterways Museum on production of your 6th July rail ticket. A full visit is usually 3-4 hours and entrance prices are normally £6.50, £5.50 or £4.50 (but for this you can get a years free admission) so why not enjoy a short free visit on the 6th July and then buy an annual pass and come back to many of their events over the next 12 months.

RE: Timings - Hooton Helsby 150th
I wonder why this hasn't been more prominently advertised. Looks like a great day out.

“People's backyards are much more interesting than their front gardens, and houses that back on to railways are public benefactors.” - John Betjeman
(29/06/2013 19:38)Cheshire Lines Committee Wrote:  I wonder why this hasn't been more prominently advertised. Looks like a great day out.

I will be popping along, even though I don't finish nights until 6am that morning.
Just need to pop along to a station to pick up required ticket.
It should be quite an interesting event , some quirky event to keep the Ellesmere Port - Helsby and Frodsham - Runcorn (via Halton Curve ) in the public eye .
What will be the booked traction be , its just that a single unit may not be enough especially for the return Ellesmere Port - Liverpool service .
(01/07/2013 19:01)wirralbus Wrote:  What will be the booked traction be , its just that a single unit may not be enough especially for the return Ellesmere Port - Liverpool service .

Should be one of the ex London Midland, now Northern Rail, Class 150 units.

A 150 for 150th Celebrations!

Just the 2 coaches, 3+2 seating though! Don't think Northern/ATW/Merseyrail are expecting it to be that busy. ATW have spruced up Helsby, not that it's ever particularly bad!

I will be on it, mainly just to get the rare track from Ellesmere Port Platform 1 heading towards Stanlow.

Not ONE Merseyrail station could sell me the ticket, they didn't even know what I was talking about. Sorted it with someone else though.

(01/07/2013 19:20)First Class Wrote:  
(01/07/2013 19:01)wirralbus Wrote:  What will be the booked traction be , its just that a single unit may not be enough especially for the return Ellesmere Port - Liverpool service .

Should be one of the ex London Midland, now Northern Rail, Class 150 units.

Just the 2 coaches, 3+2 seating though! Don't think Northern/ATW/Merseyrail are expecting it to be that busy. ATW have spruced up Helsby, not that it's ever particularly bad!

I will be on it, mainly just to get the rare track from Ellesmere Port Platform 1 heading towards Stanlow.

Not ONE Merseyrail station could sell me the ticket, they didn't even know what I was talking about. Sorted it with someone else though.

This was only advised to Merseyrail Stations today , i know its been talked about for a while and had seen the timings a while back.
(01/07/2013 19:20)First Class Wrote:  Should be one of the ex London Midland, now Northern Rail, Class 150 units.

Ahh good, thought it would probably be a 150. As long as its not a 142 Confused . Was kind of hoping for a 156 though as they tend to be the better looked after units in Northerns fleet.

Managed to pick my ticket up at Ellesmere Port stn early this morning no problem.

Given that I will of finished nights just a few hours previous, I'd imagine I wont be hard to spot. Being the rather tired looking one Laugh

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)