Current time: 24/04/2024, 17:42 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Bank Notes
Bank Notes
Do you think that it was a good idea to have Sir Winston Churchill on the new Bank of England £5 note .

The existing £5 notes have been in circulation for about 11 years now and by the time the new £5 comes into circulation in 2016 it will have been here for 14 years , with such a high proportion of them in circulation there will then be a period of the notes running side by side .
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
RE: Bank Notes
(27/04/2013 07:08)wirralbus Wrote:  Do you think that it was a good idea to have Sir Winston Churchill on the new Bank of England £5 note .

The existing £5 notes have been in circulation for about 11 years now and by the time the new £5 comes into circulation in 2016 it will have been here for 14 years , with such a high proportion of them in circulation there will then be a period of the notes running side by side .

Whilst the current design of the £5 note may have been around for a few years, I understand there has been a long series of minor tweaks and subtle changes to try and keep one step ahead of the forgers.
I wonder if Maggie Thatcher will ever appear on a fiver?

Hopefully -by the time she does- they'll be worthless.
That's a good enough excuse to burn themLOL
(27/04/2013 12:58)mathias Wrote:  I wonder if Maggie Thatcher will ever appear on a fiver? Hopefully -by the time she does- they'll be worthless. That's a good enough excuse to burn themLOL

As has been said before, people respected Winston Churchill as he was a great leader and statesman who made people pull together and get the country back on its feet after the Second World War. The mad cow was nothing more than an arrogant, obnoxious bully who once said 'There is no such thing as society.' Respect is something that is earned and I never would respect a bully, so my view is that I wouldn't even wipe my a*se with one! I've got more respect for the note than that!!

Mal

Madder and white; probably the best livery in the world!
I think when the Winston churchill £5 note comes up for renewal we may be at the point where that particular note becomes a coin and therefore the Winston £5 note may be a collectors item .
(28/04/2013 12:44)wirralbus Wrote:  I think when the Winston churchill £5 note comes up for renewal we may be at the point where that particular note becomes a coin and therefore the Winston £5 note may be a collectors item .

Or we are using the Euro?
(28/04/2013 19:53)DVL418 Wrote:  
(28/04/2013 12:44)wirralbus Wrote:  I think when the Winston churchill £5 note comes up for renewal we may be at the point where that particular note becomes a coin and therefore the Winston £5 note may be a collectors item .

Your having a laugh .
(29/04/2013 08:08)wirralbus Wrote:  
(28/04/2013 19:53)DVL418 Wrote:  

Your having a laugh .

What do you prefer then -the Chinese Doung, Yankee dollar or Russian rouble?

Because Stirling is an ever shrinking currency in the world, and eventually hard headed macro-economics will tip the balance against even the most rabid UKIP fruitcake little englander.

By the way, many on the right quietly forget both Churchill and Attlee jointly pushed for a currency union with the USA in the immediate post war years on more than one occasion.
Dear me, I've really heard it all now.

3101(i) | 3305 | 3616 | 4012 | 4159 | 4100 | 4102 | 4118 | 4127 | 4475
313044 | 313064 | 313220 | 314206 | 314210 | 315809 | 315839 | 315857 | 507001 | 507002 | 507006 | 507008 | 507009 | 508114 | 508138 | 508208
Look at the mess of the EU at the moment and im glad we arent in the Euro.

There is some people in Germany still wishing they had stayed with the German Deutsch Mark.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)