Current time: 30/04/2024, 23:32 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

The Abuse Bus Drivers Endure from the Travelling Public
The Abuse Bus Drivers Endure from the Travelling Public
Maybe, its me, and maybe I'am a tad old fashioned, but I'am totally shocked by the way. Some chavs, truely behave. Yesterday i got on my local route, and witnessed a local 17 year old argue the toss over a £2.10 fare and then because he lost the argument he called her a s...g a h...r and a ars.hol.

Is this what bus travel has become scary
Quote this message in a reply
RE: The Abuse Bus Drivers Injure from the Travelling Public
Bus drivers have always had to endure abuse from time to time, it is not just nowadays. Unfortunately, they are no different to shop assistants and the like for receiving such abuse. It is pretty disgraceful to see this sort of thing, particularly when that driver is taking you to where you want to go.
Find all posts by this user
There is little fear of the perpertrator being challenged, and even less likely that they will be punished.

For example; remember the passenger on the train in Scotland a few months ago who helped the train guard to remove a fare dodger, was applauded by the rest of the passengers in the carriage, but had to endure weeks of anxiety after the individual made a complaint of assault against him to the authorities?

Fortunately someone filmed the incident and no action was taken - however, the fare dodger also escaped any punishment for holding the train-up and being abusive to the train guard.
Think it's a society thing sadly, working front line on the transport industry myself (not buses!), am seeing it more & more myself.....

https://www.flickr.com/photos/dmc1947/
(13/10/2012 14:24)gka472l Wrote:  Think it's a society thing sadly, working front line on the transport industry myself (not buses!), am seeing it more & more myself.....

I agree it seems to be the staff on the frontline that get it in the neck when things dont go exactly to plan .

To some in the industry these days its water off a ducks back , it becomes part and parcel of the job . It shouldnt though I agree.
Im on the front line everyday im working and could tell u a few stories but at the end of the day you have to leave them in work as if not it just causes you stress and depression so its easier just laughing it off and just ignore it.
(13/10/2012 21:15)motormayhem Wrote:  Im on the front line everyday im working and could tell u a few stories but at the end of the day you have to leave them in work as if not it just causes you stress and depression so its easier just laughing it off and just ignore it.

I can well believe it, and i guess you would end up under a lot of stress, if you took your work home with you. I just hate to see people behaving like scum though, so pointless, still this is what we live with in this day and age.
(13/10/2012 14:24)gka472l Wrote:  Think it's a society thing sadly, working front line on the transport industry myself (not buses!), am seeing it more & more myself.....

Society seems to be broken, i don't remember it being anywhere as bad as this when i grew up in the 1980S
(12/10/2012 14:28)DVL418 Wrote:  There is little fear of the perpertrator being challenged, and even less likely that they will be punished.

For example; remember the passenger on the train in Scotland a few months ago who helped the train guard to remove a fare dodger, was applauded by the rest of the passengers in the carriage, but had to endure weeks of anxiety after the individual made a complaint of assault against him to the authorities?

Fortunately someone filmed the incident and no action was taken - however, the fare dodger also escaped any punishment for holding the train-up and being abusive to the train guard.

Its a stupid back to front system, that should be reformed. That Scotland incident was happened well, but what would have happened if, it had gone the other way violently thankfully it didn't but well............screwed up society
RE: The Abuse Bus Drivers Endure from the Travelling Public
They mean well with the european court of human rights but some times they seem to go a bit over the top and tip the weight of justice against the good law abiding hard working person and more for the scoundrels of this world .

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)