Current time: 25/04/2024, 05:37 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Computer Viruses
Computer Viruses
Watch out for the latest virus guys, there is one going around where your computer all of a sudden comes up with a blocked message showing a police warning and that if you pay £100 you can have your computer unblocked. The message looks official but it is not and it comes on every time that you log on and your computer will not do a thing. I have had to bring my ancient laptop out of retirement due to this incident and I have a feeling that your laptop cannot be rescued. Be very careful and I hope none of you end up with this happening to you. (By the way guys, no I didnt pay the £100)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
RE: Computer Viruses
MPTE, if don't have the equipment/knowledge to remove the hard drive from your affected laptop to manually remove important files and then format/restore it to remove the virus, pop in to your local pc store and they should be able to do it for you! Should be back working again in no time!

[Image: 1chYP.jpg]
It's an fairly easy-to-fix scam.

http://deletemalware.blogspot.co.uk/2011...mware.html

[Image: metropolitan_scam_new.jpg]
(07/10/2012 19:40)CX54 DKD Wrote:  MPTE, if don't have the equipment/knowledge to remove the hard drive from your affected laptop to manually remove important files and then format/restore it to remove the virus, pop in to your local pc store and they should be able to do it for you! Should be back working again in no time!

Don't have a clue about how to remove it, so yes I will pop in to my local pc shop and get it sorted. Thanks.
(07/10/2012 20:38)First Class Wrote:  It's an fairly easy-to-fix scam.

http://deletemalware.blogspot.co.uk/2011...mware.html

[Image: metropolitan_scam_new.jpg]

That is very similar to the one I got, just City of London on mine, like I said to CX54 I will get this sorted at the local PC shop as I don't have the equipment to get it sorted, so also thanks.
I think some of these Virus makers pray on some peoples inability to deal with virus problems and scare people into parting with there cash.
I've read about this virus on another Forum which in turn lead to one of the funniest threads i've read, when the OP admitted to something embarrassing. http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/inde...c=296861.0

My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/31135444@N02/
(07/10/2012 17:48)MPTE1955 Wrote:  Watch out for the latest virus guys, there is one going around where your computer all of a sudden comes up with a blocked message showing a police warning and that if you pay £100 you can have your computer unblocked. The message looks official but it is not and it comes on every time that you log on and your computer will not do a thing. I have had to bring my ancient laptop out of retirement due to this incident and I have a feeling that your laptop cannot be rescued. Be very careful and I hope none of you end up with this happening to you. (By the way guys, no I didnt pay the £100)

Unfortunately a full System Restore on your PC or Laptop is prob the only option[or one of the few options left] to get rid of this virus.

(08/10/2012 12:55)MTL0201 Wrote:  
(07/10/2012 17:48)MPTE1955 Wrote:  Watch out for the latest virus guys, there is one going around where your computer all of a sudden comes up with a blocked message showing a police warning and that if you pay £100 you can have your computer unblocked. The message looks official but it is not and it comes on every time that you log on and your computer will not do a thing. I have had to bring my ancient laptop out of retirement due to this incident and I have a feeling that your laptop cannot be rescued. Be very careful and I hope none of you end up with this happening to you. (By the way guys, no I didnt pay the £100)

Unfortunately a full System Restore on your PC or Laptop is prob the only option[or one of the few options left] to get rid of this virus.

I am going to give what is in the link that First Class placed a go this evening, if that doesnt work I will be off to the PC shop to have them try to sort the problem. If it does go to the PC shop they can service it whilst having a look as it will be due for a service anyway. At least my old laptop works in a sort of fashion anyway although only in Safe Mode, gets me on line anyway without having to resort to my phone.
(08/10/2012 13:01)MPTE1955 Wrote:  
(08/10/2012 12:55)MTL0201 Wrote:  

I am going to give what is in the link that First Class placed a go this evening, if that doesnt work I will be off to the PC shop to have them try to sort the problem. If it does go to the PC shop they can service it whilst having a look as it will be due for a service anyway. At least my old laptop works in a sort of fashion anyway although only in Safe Mode, gets me on line anyway without having to resort to my phone.

If nothing works that will get rid of the virus do a system restore[which unless up do a back up disk, you lose every work you've done & any programmes you have downloaded, but one problem could be any back up disk you do could still contain the virus], if the system restore doesn't work then take it to the PC shop.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)