Current time: 23/04/2024, 14:32 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

CentreBus
CentreBus
I am interested in finding out more about Centrebus, I know they operate in West Yorkshire, into Rochdale. Also I noticed they work In Buxton. How big is there operation, I am wondering.[/i][/b]
Quote this message in a reply
RE: CentreBus
(12/08/2012 16:32)Damien Wrote:  I am interested in finding out more about Centrebus, I know they operate in West Yorkshire, into Rochdale. Also I noticed they work In Buxton. How big is there operation, I am wondering.[/i][/b]

Buxton is Centrebus's 'High Peak' operations that they work either on behalf of Trent Barton, or with Trent Barton.

They also work in Leicester (if I recall) and Luton I think.

About a year or two ago Centrebus earned a lot of work from Halifax Joint Comittee, First and maybe other operators in areas like Leeds and Halifax, which is why they now run the 528.

Personally I think it's not a great operation they run but they are doing well for themselves. Smile

Thanks,
Liam Moskwin.

[Image: 10p9e80.gif]

http://www.flickr.com/photos/transportandtreasures/
Find all posts by this user
(12/08/2012 16:37)P528LND Wrote:  
(12/08/2012 16:32)Damien Wrote:  I am interested in finding out more about Centrebus, I know they operate in West Yorkshire, into Rochdale. Also I noticed they work In Buxton. How big is there operation, I am wondering.[/i][/b]

Buxton is Centrebus's 'High Peak' operations that they work either on behalf of Trent Barton, or with Trent Barton.

They also work in Leicester (if I recall) and Luton I think.

About a year or two ago Centrebus earned a lot of work from Halifax Joint Comittee, First and maybe other operators in areas like Leeds and Halifax, which is why they now run the 528.

Personally I think it's not a great operation they run but they are doing well for themselves. Smile

Thanks Liam,

That helps a lot, just the kind of information I was afterWave
Centrebus also operate in Lincolnshire, Hertfordshire and Leicestershire. Their website will give you all the info you may need except a fleetlist. However, there is a Yahoo group for Centrebus which you can join where anything concerning Centrebus is posted and that has an up-to-date fleetlist with depot allocations. Hope this is useful for you.

All the best!

Mal

Madder and white; probably the best livery in the world!
CentreBus is a large operation based at Leicester in which bus tycoon Julian Peddle is a large shareholder, it operates throughout Leicestershire as well as in Grantham, Folkingham, Corby, Huddersfield, Halifax, Leeds, Luton, Stevenage and Harlow, it also has an operation which is 50% owned by Trent Barton as a joint venture at Dove Holes and also operations at Huddersfield and Hinckley (Leicestershire) are part owned by Arriva.
(14/08/2012 15:47)gilesbus1 Wrote:  CentreBus is a large operation based at Leicester in which bus tycoon Julian Peddle is a large shareholder, it operates throughout Leicestershire as well as in Grantham, Folkingham, Corby, Huddersfield, Halifax, Leeds, Luton, Stevenage and Harlow, it also has an operation which is 50% owned by Trent Barton as a joint venture at Dove Holes and also operations at Huddersfield and Hinckley (Leicestershire) are part owned by Arriva.

Thank you that helps a lot, and is exactly the information I was looking for
(13/08/2012 20:44)Mal Wrote:  Centrebus also operate in Lincolnshire, Hertfordshire and Leicestershire. Their website will give you all the info you may need except a fleetlist. However, there is a Yahoo group for Centrebus which you can join where anything concerning Centrebus is posted and that has an up-to-date fleetlist with depot allocations. Hope this is useful for you.

All the best!

Mal

Thank you Mal

Yes it helps a lot
Centrebus Also Own Kimes in Peterborough & also run some ex-veolia services in that area,outside leicester i dont think they operate that many commercial services
(16/08/2012 09:07)Wright Eclipse Wrote:  Centrebus Also Own Kimes in Peterborough & also run some ex-veolia services in that area,outside leicester i dont think they operate that many commercial services

It also has operations in Northamptonshire with depots at Corby & Towcester.
Just incase anyone hasn't heard Centrebus are closing it's Harlow depot. Routes C1/2/3/4, 311, 341/351 are passing to Roadrunner. The rest of the services are transfering to Stevenage depot.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)