Current time: 18/04/2024, 20:17 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Megabus
Megabus
Thought it may be intersting to start a thread for megabus, I know they are not buses 100% of the word. But as part of the Stagecoach Group I thought id do this. Because they operate all over England. Ive placed this thread here.
Quote this message in a reply
RE: Megabus
OK.

Latest news is 7 Astromegas on order, expected to go to Aberdeen. Aberdeen's sole Neoplan will then be withdrawn, and the 6 B12BT Panthers redeployed. At this stage it looks like they'll be split between Yellow Glasgow (Citylink), and Hull which will be expanding its work and dropping the megabusplus brand in favour of ordinary megabus soon.

There are also 10 B13RT/Panther and 11 B11T/Overdecker on order, no details as yet on where they will go. Rugby is a good bet for the B13Rs though as they upgrade to all-15m operation.
Find all posts by this user
(04/08/2012 04:34)mbonwick Wrote:  OK.

Latest news is 7 Astromegas on order, expected to go to Aberdeen. Aberdeen's sole Neoplan will then be withdrawn, and the 6 B12BT Panthers redeployed. At this stage it looks like they'll be split between Yellow Glasgow (Citylink), and Hull which will be expanding its work and dropping the megabusplus brand in favour of ordinary megabus soon.

There are also 10 B13RT/Panther and 11 B11T/Overdecker on order, no details as yet on where they will go. Rugby is a good bet for the B13Rs though as they upgrade to all-15m operation.

Hopefully Rugby do get some more 15m coaches as they need them judging by my limited experience on Megabus. I used the M17 on my holiday the other week, and it was packed between Preston and Glasgow on a shorter coach (Jonckheere V-reg thingy I think it was V908 DDY, but it wasn't very good either way).

I'm in Texas at the moment and was a little surprised to drive past a Megabus Van Hool double decker just north of Houston on I-45 on a service to Dallas. I come out here a couple of times a year and hadn't come across Megabus in the US before. A little research shows they are a major player in the express coach market in the mid-west and north east, with vehicles provided by Stagecoach subsidiary, USA Coachways. Apparently they have now also opened a Dallas hub since June 2012. The vehicle I saw seems typical of the fleet and was in full Megabus livery but was lettered as operated by Kerrville Buslines Inc.
according to form the american people love megabus because of the cheap fares and high spec double deck coaches they use as my auntie lived out there untill recently.
(04/08/2012 09:16)MX59 JZJ Wrote:  

Hopefully Rugby do get some more 15m coaches as they need them judging by my limited experience on Megabus. I used the M17 on my holiday the other week, and it was packed between Preston and Glasgow on a shorter coach (Jonckheere V-reg thingy I think it was V908 DDY, but it wasn't very good either way).

Has there been confirmation about which route(s) these new coaches will be employed on, especially the 'overdeckers'?
(30/09/2012 15:20)DVL418 Wrote:  
(04/08/2012 09:16)MX59 JZJ Wrote:  

Has there been confirmation about which route(s) these new coaches will be employed on, especially the 'overdeckers'?

I believe the Overdeckers are going to be used on the M20. The Astromegas are for the M11 alongside the older ones though I believe some of them are currently being used on Megabus services between Aberdeen and Glasgow/Edinburgh.

Your roving North East reporter, bring you the latest news from Arriva North East, Stagcoach North East and Go North East.

My Flickr
Updated regularly
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Thumbs Up RE: Megabus
(30/09/2012 15:27)kuyoyo Wrote:  
(30/09/2012 15:20)DVL418 Wrote:  
(04/08/2012 09:16)MX59 JZJ Wrote:  Hopefully Rugby do get some more 15m coaches as they need them judging by my limited experience on Megabus. I used the M17 on my holiday the other week, and it was packed between Preston and Glasgow on a shorter coach (Jonckheere V-reg thingy I think it was V908 DDY, but it wasn't very good either way).

I believe the Overdeckers are going to be used on the M20. The Astromegas are for the M11 alongside the older ones though I believe some of them are currently being used on Megabus services between Aberdeen and Glasgow/Edinburgh.

Thanks for the update.

Correct me if I'm wrong but is the M20 is the anglo-scottish route the eastern route - A1/M1, and the M11 is the western one, via the M6/M74?
(30/09/2012 15:46)DVL418 Wrote:  
(30/09/2012 15:27)kuyoyo Wrote:  
(30/09/2012 15:20)DVL418 Wrote:  Has there been confirmation about which route(s) these new coaches will be employed on, especially the 'overdeckers'?

Thanks for the update.

Correct me if I'm wrong but is the M20 is the anglo-scottish route the eastern route - A1/M1, and the M11 is the western one, via the M6/M74?

M20 is indeed the eastern route. So I'm very much waiting for the day the Overdeckers enter service on that route. However, most of this week, the M20 has been diverted between Bradbury in County Durham and Dishforth due to the A1 being closed. Indeed, on Wednesday morning, the southbound M20 diverted via the A689 and Stockton to access the A66 and then A19 to head south.

Your roving North East reporter, bring you the latest news from Arriva North East, Stagcoach North East and Go North East.

My Flickr
Updated regularly
Welcome the Volvo B11RT/Plaxton Interdecker
Photo @ wallys-wanderings

My Flickr
Updated regularly

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)