Current time: 19/04/2024, 17:53 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Bus Strike?
Bus Strike?
Hi all anyone know if any bus operators are on strike in merseyside tomorrow? As when i was getting off the 78 in town this morning a passenger asked the driver were they running tomorrow and the driver said as far as he knows arriva are running a normal service tomorrow and its stagecoach who are not running?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
RE: Bus Strike?
stagecoach are on strike this week unsure what day then suppose to be 2 days either next werk or something like that.
What will happen with there routes will merseytravel get other firms to run it for the day
Last time they brought in drivers from other areas, I would imagine that will happen this time unless of course other stagecoach areas are also on strike.
What is this strike about
I know there is one in London with Stagecoach and first over the Olympic Bid but what's merseyside one over
Stagecoach are sending staff from other companies to help cover the strike. Some of Manchester's inspectors are going over to help cover. Oddly there is nothing on the Stagecoach or Merseytravel websites about it.
they will just run a slightly limited service to what they normally run as on the next strike im led to beleive oxford are to try and go on strike at the same time as its over pay and cpnditions i got told off me brother in law who works at gillmoss.
Wounder if any odd buses will be in service from other areas last time there was a couple of Enviro400's on the 14 was there not
Don't think so, as far as I know Gillmoss used their own buses last time, although last time I didnt use the 14 so I could be wrong.
(26/06/2012 08:10)P450 SWX Wrote:  Wounder if any odd buses will be in service from other areas last time there was a couple of Enviro400's on the 14 was there not
No odd buses were used last time - just different drivers.

View my new Flickr Wave Updated!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)