Current time: 25/04/2024, 06:41 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Merseyside & Cheshire Service Changes
Merseyside & Cheshire Service Changes
As we have the thread for the Greater Manchester service changes, I thought it would be good to start up a separate thread for Merseyside and Cheshire changes (Linked due to the amount of cross border services). Just thought this would be neater than putting changes in the depot/company threads and make it a bit like the Manchester thread.

To start us off:

4th April
Stagecoach has lost the CWACC & MTravel 22 tender to Happy Als. This will move from the 4th April.

11th/12th April
Arriva changes from 11th April:
7, 10B, 12, 13, 15, 18, 60, 61, 62, 63, 68, 78, 80, 80A, 81, 81A and 82 have timetable adjustments. Generally giving more running time in the peaks (upto 15 mins extra in one or two cases). Some routes have less running time off peak and others are just a timing point moving.

26/27 - Services increased to run every 12 minutes Mon-Fri
52/52A - Services increased to run every 24 minutes each, every 12 combined.
76 - Service increased to run every 30 minutes Mon-Fri

Also in Runcorn, all services will be rerouted to serve the old bridge and the X30 Halton Lea - Warrington morning trips extended to start back at the depot.

Stagecoach changes from the 12th April is that the 1 will get an extra bus per hour on a Sunday meaning a combined 1/X1 frequency of every 20 minutes (a 20/40 gap on service 1 which isn't the best for passengers).

Any further updates, please feel free to post them.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
RE: Merseyside & Cheshire Service Changes
(23/03/2021 01:49)iMarkeh Wrote:  As we have the thread for the Greater Manchester service changes, I thought it would be good to start up a separate thread for Merseyside and Cheshire changes (Linked due to the amount of cross border services). Just thought this would be neater than putting changes in the depot/company threads and make it a bit like the Manchester thread.

To start us off:

4th April
Stagecoach has lost the CWACC & MTravel 22 tender to Happy Als. This will move from the 4th April.

11th/12th April
Arriva changes from 11th April:
7, 10B, 12, 13, 15, 18, 60, 61, 62, 63, 68, 78, 80, 80A, 81, 81A and 82 have timetable adjustments. Generally giving more running time in the peaks (upto 15 mins extra in one or two cases). Some routes have less running time off peak and others are just a timing point moving.

26/27 - Services increased to run every 12 minutes Mon-Fri
52/52A - Services increased to run every 24 minutes each, every 12 combined.
76 - Service increased to run every 30 minutes Mon-Fri

Also in Runcorn, all services will be rerouted to serve the old bridge and the X30 Halton Lea - Warrington morning trips extended to start back at the depot.

Stagecoach changes from the 12th April is that the 1 will get an extra bus per hour on a Sunday meaning a combined 1/X1 frequency of every 20 minutes (a 20/40 gap on service 1 which isn't the best for passengers).

Any further updates, please feel free to post them.

Where can I find the source for this information? I've tried digging on the Merseytravel and Arriva website but no luck, then again this could be on a private section.of the respective websites so its probably better waiting.
(23/03/2021 11:51)NathanR Wrote:  Where can I find the source for this information? I've tried digging on the Merseytravel and Arriva website but no luck, then again this could be on a private section.of the respective websites so its probably better waiting.
For the Stagecoach changes, you can go to the respective timetables on the Merseytravel website and the new timetables are up.

For Arriva, the details are on their website.
https://www.arrivabus.co.uk/latest-news/...merseyside
https://www.arrivabus.co.uk/latest-news/...-in-halton
(23/03/2021 15:06)iMarkeh Wrote:  For the Stagecoach changes, you can go to the respective timetables on the Merseytravel website and the new timetables are up.

For Arriva, the details are on their website.
https://www.arrivabus.co.uk/latest-news/...merseyside
https://www.arrivabus.co.uk/latest-news/...-in-halton

Thank you.
One thing I have noticed is that the 17 appears on the updated map for Runcorn’s routes.

No other depots’ routes appear on here which makes me think they may be considering a transfer to Runcorn.

Don’t see why this would happen and I’m sure there’ll be someone to prove me wrong but just a thought.
(24/03/2021 09:48)Liamkennedy2231 Wrote:  One thing I have noticed is that the 17 appears on the updated map for Runcorn’s routes.

No other depots’ routes appear on here which makes me think they may be considering a transfer to Runcorn.

Don’t see why this would happen and I’m sure there’ll be someone to prove me wrong but just a thought.

17 not moving from St Helens...think there is only the 7 missing off the map
(24/03/2021 09:48)Liamkennedy2231 Wrote:  One thing I have noticed is that the 17 appears on the updated map for Runcorn’s routes.

17 is on there because it’s in Halton not because it’s not being transferred.
(23/03/2021 01:49)iMarkeh Wrote:  I thought it would be good to start up a separate thread for Merseyside and Cheshire changes (Linked due to the amount of cross border services).

I think maybe it should be Merseyside and North West Cheshire. The other side of Cheshire there's routes overlapping in to Greater Manchester (42C, 88, 130, 391, 392), Staffordshire and Derbyshire so there could be quite a bit of overlap if you put all Cheshire routes with Merseyside.
(24/03/2021 10:36)darylyates17 Wrote:  17 is on there because it’s in Halton not because it’s not being transferred.

Never mind then, like I said just a thought
(24/03/2021 11:27)Liamkennedy2231 Wrote:  Never mind then, like I said just a thought

Although you do bring up a good point as the 7 isnt showing on the map.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)