Current time: 18/04/2024, 04:40 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

D Jones & Son to Cease Trading
D Jones & Son to Cease Trading
Just seen this

Quote:School Transport Notice:
D Jones & Son, the bus company, has informed us that they will cease trading after last operation on Saturday December 16th, 2017.
This affects school and public transport in the Llangollen area. The County Council has made arrangements to cover the school bus from the Chirk & Froncysyllte area to Ysgol Dinas Brân on and from Monday December 18th until the end of term with alternative operator E Jones & Son.
Bus services will continue to operate between Llangollen and Wrexham on service 5 (Arriva) and service Traws Cymru T3 (Lloyd’s Coaches).
Pupils who catch buses from the Wrexham direction who normally use D Jones service 5/5C are warned that there may be insufficient seats at school times to and from Ysgol Dinas Brân. Arriva services continue to operate every 40 minutes.

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
RE: D Jones & Son to Cease Trading
(16/12/2017 10:23)T42 PVM Wrote:  Just seen this

More information on link below
http://www.wrexham.com/news/bus-company-...42031.html

Does anyone know why they're to cease trading? I was most surprised to see this
I personally knew this was coming, i could see it after they could not prove financial stability in courty, i am devastated though as i'll miss the blue and white such a shame, Arriva now have control of Wrexham its safe to say.

M.R.P Photography on Flickr | M.R.P_Videography on YouTube
Find all posts by this user
They had grew a lot since GHA went bust, I cant help but wonder if that was the cause of this

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Stagecoach Chester drivers reporting they are taking on the C56 as of Monday.
(17/12/2017 05:16)iMarkeh Wrote:  Stagecoach Chester drivers reporting they are taking on the C56 as of Monday.

I csnt personally see this as Chester is already at burstimg point with what work they currently have

But who knows
(17/12/2017 06:44)E208 WBG Wrote:  I csnt personally see this as Chester is already at burstimg point with what work they currently have

But who knows

Chester seems to run fine. As of January they are off to Waverton (I'm sure i was told January). Which is reportedly much bigger. An old haulage firm yard) which should make a bit more space for there. Is it possible RF may take on an extra 2 duty to free up 1 bus space? Then again i know they have shortages.

They have been seen going round with a dart apparently with 5 people on board on Saturday. I see no other reason for Stagecoach to follow the C56 with 5 people on board on a Saturday which is conveniently the day D Jones announced its ceased trading....
(17/12/2017 07:31)iMarkeh Wrote:  Chester seems to run fine. As of January they are off to Waverton (I'm sure i was told January). Which is reportedly much bigger. An old haulage firm yard) which should make a bit more space for there. Is it possible RF may take on an extra 2 duty to free up 1 bus space? Then again i know they have shortages.

They have been seen going round with a dart apparently with 5 people on board on Saturday. I see no other reason for Stagecoach to follow the C56 with 5 people on board on a Saturday which is conveniently the day D Jones announced its ceased trading....

Are you referring to the whole depot transferring to Waverton or this yard being used as an outstation? Surely if it’s the fire mentioned there would have to have planning permission for change if use

[Image: 28219738595_5f67980003_m.jpg]
(17/12/2017 11:12)chester285 Wrote:  Are you referring to the whole depot transferring to Waverton or this yard being used as an outstation? Surely if it’s the fire mentioned there would have to have planning permission for change if use

The whole depot is due to move to Waverton. Unsure of the exact location or exact past occupants but all the drivers know they are moving (afaik, most of them have mentioned it) and the arriva drivers know. Someone somewhere will know the exact details.
(17/12/2017 12:03)iMarkeh Wrote:  The whole depot is due to move to Waverton. Unsure of the exact location or exact past occupants but all the drivers know they are moving (afaik, most of them have mentioned it) and the arriva drivers know. Someone somewhere will know the exact details.

Is this permanent or temporary as stagecoach still have planning in for bumpers lane

[Image: 28219738595_5f67980003_m.jpg]

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)