Current time: 20/04/2024, 02:28 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Lost Liveries
Lost Liveries
Attending both the NWVRT and MTT events recently, I have to say the MPTE/Merseybus verona green, cream livery, particularly the later variant with the addition of brown does look magnificent. I'm not sure I appreciated it at the time, as I was still in mourning for the passing of Birkenhead blue some years earlier. These are probably my favourite two lost liveries, but I'm sure others will have different opinions.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
RE: Lost liveries
I really miss Red Rider bright red and yellow, really stood out and also Crosville National Racing Green and White

Cool Life is for living !
(06/06/2012 21:24)SNL 824 Wrote:  Attending both the NWVRT and MTT events recently, I have to say the MPTE/Merseybus verona green, cream livery, particularly the later variant with the addition of brown does look magnificent. I'm not sure I appreciated it at the time, as I was still in mourning for the passing of Birkenhead blue some years earlier. These are probably my favourite two lost liveries, but I'm sure others will have different opinions.

Agreed with that the Green/Cream/Brown was my favourite Merseyside livery

Another livery that i loved is the GM Buses White/Orange/Black. Fareway had a great Blue/Yellow livery as the PMT Crosville/Red Rider Red/Yellow livery

My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/31135444@N02/
(06/06/2012 21:29)Its a hobby Wrote:  I really miss Red Rider bright red and yellow, really stood out and also Crosville National Racing Green and White

If you mean the Crosville NBC livery, I agree, particularly on dual purpose Nationals. However, I wasn't around in Red Rider days so have only ever really seen it in photos, but I'm not quite .convinced by the red, yellow combination
(06/06/2012 21:29)Its a hobby Wrote:  I really miss Red Rider bright red and yellow, really stood out and also Crosville National Racing Green and White

Crosville NBC livery was Leaf Green not Racing Green, think the post 86 livery was Dark Green[i'm not sure of the shade but was not Racing Green] & Cream

My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/31135444@N02/
(06/06/2012 21:41)MTL0201 Wrote:  

Crosville NBC livery was Leaf Green not Racing Green, think the post 86 livery was Dark Green[i'm not sure of the shade but was not Racing Green] & Cream

I need an eye test, it looked racing green to me. I liked the pre D reg colour green. It was very striking, and i liked the white border line in the middle with old logo a version of which i think is still used by national express today

I liked the North Western Red/Blue diagonal livery after De-reg. A faint copy (using grey blue variant) of this livery was used on some of Ogdens vehicles in the late 80's.

Looking at preserved vehicles these days, I do appreciate the MPTE/GMPTE liveries, as well as both the Ribble (Red) and Crosville (Green) of NBC - I think all these are more inspired than the big groups these days.
i miss the CMT livery and the blue buggy bus livery they both made the roads look great Smile

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(06/06/2012 21:39)MTL0201 Wrote:  
(06/06/2012 21:24)SNL 824 Wrote:  Attending both the NWVRT and MTT events recently, I have to say the MPTE/Merseybus verona green, cream livery, particularly the later variant with the addition of brown does look magnificent. I'm not sure I appreciated it at the time, as I was still in mourning for the passing of Birkenhead blue some years earlier. These are probably my favourite two lost liveries, but I'm sure others will have different opinions.

Agreed with that the Green/Cream/Brown was my favourite Merseyside livery

Another livery that i loved is the GM Buses White/Orange/Black. Fareway had a great Blue/Yellow livery as the PMT Crosville/Red Rider Red/Yellow livery

I agree with all those other than the red yellow. Also I've seen some pictures of post NBC Crosville VRs in dark green and orange, which I think was at the same time as a dark green and cream livery. This presumably immediately preceded the red yellow that first came to the Wirral with Red Rider. Whilst the green/ cream looked great and was reminiscent of Tilling green just with more cream, the green/orange was a bit odd. Also I think at this time Crosville used the Town Lynx logo for the main fleet.
I do agree that the MPTE Verona green, cream and dark brown looked striking hence my pic. 1003 Leyland Atlan A323 GLV. The buses now days seem so bland and dull

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)