Current time: 18/04/2024, 00:35 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Poll: Who are you voting for in the 2017 General Election?
This poll is closed.
Conservatives 44.44% 8 44.44%
Green Party 11.11% 2 11.11%
Labour 33.33% 6 33.33%
Liberal Democrats 5.56% 1 5.56%
Plaid Cymru 0% 0 0%
UKIP 5.56% 1 5.56%
Scottish National Party 0% 0 0%
Independent 0% 0 0%
Other 0% 0 0%
Total 18 votes 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

General Election 8th June 2017
General Election 8th June 2017
Since its now been voted through Parliament the Election will be going ahead for sure, Sadly i can only see a Con's winning as a lot of people does seem to like Jeremy corbyn, Also seems some scots are getting sick of the SNP, friend of mine up there is sick of hearing about Independence so i can see the SNP losing a seat or 2, i can also see UKIP falling apart as their main aim always seemed to be to get us to leave Europe witch is now happening, What do others think?

EDIT: One point i missed out is some people who voted to remain in Europe might vote Lib Dems as they seem to want to keep us in despite more people wanting to leave.

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
RE: General Election 7th June 2017
Might not be a clear cut as it first appears. The Crown Prosecution Service are investigating some Conservative MP's for overspending in the last Election and it's highly likely whatever action against them will be announced during the Election campaign. Unfortunately, we have a generally right wing media in this country who will back the Conservatives come hell or high water, so it will probably get swept under the carpet like all the other ruinous actions this government has taken. The problem with Labour isn't the Leader, nor the Membership but the vast majority of the PLP and a lot of the so called Grandees who are from the Blair era and can't accept that their ideals are so 1997 (20 years ago!).
Find all posts by this user
RE: General Election 7th June 2017
I've added a poll to the topic

Like St Helens Rider I think it could be a lot different to the widely assumed outcome although I'm not getting my hopes up in the slightest. One thing in Jeremy Corbyn's favour is that there are a lot of Labour and Jeremy Corbyn supporters who could not vote in 2015 because they weren't old enough who can now vote

I also think as this election was Theresa May's idea then she should not be refusing to take part in the television debates with the other party leaders. I really hope they do go ahead and she is empty chaired because I think it's absolutely ludicrous that she wants an election but won't debate her policies on live television
RE: General Election 8th June 2017
As far as the TV Debates are concerned - I think we'll see a U-turn from May - remember we weren't supposed to be having a Snap General Election!

Another thorny issue arises in Gorton - there is a by-election on 4th May there but parliament is dissolved on 3rd May, so they will vote once for an MP with nowhere to go and then again on 8th June in the General Election. All well and good for the parties with the money and resources but what about the smaller parties/independents - it's not what I'd call either democratic or a level playing field. Surely would make more sense to scrap the by election and wait until the main General Election on 8th June or have the election in Gorton early.
This is a good website that shows partys target seats and one thing i noticed is a lot of the Lib Dem target seats are held by Torys so it would not surprise me if we see some tactical voting here

http://www.electionpolling.co.uk/battleground

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
I expect a lot of tactical voting in seats currently held by the SNP and marginal Tory/Lib Dem and Tory/Labour seats

There's at least three marginal seats locally which could all change hands - Chester, Southport and Wirral West. Warrington South is another interesting seat in the local area to watch out for too - it's seats like those (and the former three) Labour will need to win if they're going to stand a chance of winning the election or at least being able to form a coalition with someone else
I have a feeling the Lib Dems will increase their Majority at Southport, I can see the Lib Dems ending up on about 16 seats come end of the Election as remain voters will prop them up

Southport is quite interesting as I believe long standing Lib Dem MP John Pugh is standing down, so they'll be fighting this with a new candidate.
Mine will be a tactical vote as usual to keep the tories out of Southport.
(20/04/2017 08:23)B10B6514 Wrote:  Mine will be a tactical vote as usual to keep the tories out of Southport.

I would do the same if i lived in Southport

Another thing i can see happening is The Green Party taking Bristol West, Just a shame it would be kicking a Labour MP out

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)