Current time: 25/04/2024, 06:25 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

New Arriva Logo
New Arriva Logo
It appears that Arriva have in the last few weeks trademarked some new logos, presumably to go with the new livery that's due. They can be seen at the bottom of this page on the Intellectual Property Office website:
https://www.ipo.gov.uk/tmownerid/search?...&postcode=
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
RE: New Arriva Logo
That logo is hideous
I wonder what the new livery could be
Nothing wrong with the current logo or livery..

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
I quite like it the only thing i do hope is the current livery stays or if say MAX or Sapphire becomes a standard livery but i highly doubt it, i wonder if any of the newest orders will come with this logo? cant say Wrexhams deckers will as they will be Sapphire.

M.R.P Photography on Flickr | M.R.P_Videography on YouTube
I hate the new logo. Geeze, it looks horrid.
*Another* new livery? They haven't even finished applying the current one yet! Plus, they seem intent on applying as many separate liveries as they can think of for things like low emission buses, Sapphire, Max etc. (All of which IMHO are inferior to the actual corporate livery.) I really can't see the point of yet another new livery.

As for the new logo, it's not dire, but I think the existing one looks better and more professional.
And to think big money gets paid out on these designs im not liking that one.
It feels like Arriva have walked into a Primary School and asked the kids to design a new logo for them..

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Personally I find the logo although different, quite smart. Arriva have used their current logo and their 'turquoise' brand colour since the late 1990's, change seems right after 20 years. The use of links suggests interconnectivity. and the diagonal link suggesting a faster alternative from A (route) to B (route)

With regards to font, 2017 is leading to changes in many companies such as Tesco and ASDA who are now opting to use a more simplified and friendlier font on all of their instore POS. Next is another example of a company that moved very early into the lowercase rounded font revolution that is occurring for brands across the globe. Rounded fonts are much more fashionable and perceived as less aggressive and more approachable.

In regards to livery, I'm picturing something like the Hinkley Bus/Arriva Midlands Enviro 200 (White base, Blue skirt) such as YY15NJU #2000. I'd imagine 100% that white will be incorporated into the livery, especially given the new northern livery, and light blue is quite a hard colour to compliment when not on a white or royal blue background such as the MAX livery.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)