Current time: 25/04/2024, 16:51 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Future of the Rail Network in the North
Future of the Rail Network in the North
Just been watching THIS VIDEO Where the Liverpool City Region Combined Authority have talked about the plans for the Railway over the next few years, Here are the main points:
  • St Helens to get direct Trains to Leeds, Newcastle, Glasgow and Edinburgh
  • St Helens to get more local Services (Sadly it does not say exactly what Services this will be)
  • Huyton, Newton-Le-Willows and Warrington Will get more Trains to Manchester Airport
  • Southport to get direct Train to Braford and Leeds
  • Liverpool to get more express Services to Manchester
  • Runcorn East to get a direct Service to Leeds (From the Heslby - Ellesmere Port Line?)
  • Liverpool City Centre to get a new Railway Station (No mention of the location)

Some of these have never been mentioned before and no start date was mentioned but with how it was worded these plans will happen.

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
RE: Future of the Rail Network in the North
(19/06/2016 14:25)T42 PVM Wrote:  Just been watching THIS VIDEO Where the Liverpool City Region Combined Authority have talked about the plans for the Railway over the next few years, Here are the main points:
  • St Helens to get direct Trains to Leeds, Newcastle, Glasgow and Edinburgh
  • St Helens to get more local Services (Sadly it does not say exactly what Services this will be)
  • Huyton, Newton-Le-Willows and Warrington Will get more Trains to Manchester Airport
  • Southport to get direct Train to Braford and Leeds
  • Liverpool to get more express Services to Manchester
  • Runcorn East to get a direct Service to Leeds (From the Heslby - Ellesmere Port Line?)
  • Liverpool City Centre to get a new Railway Station (No mention of the location)

Some of these have never been mentioned before and no start date was mentioned but with how it was worded these plans will happen.

Lime street is supposed be a footprint for the new station so it could just mean a revamp or something. Adding to that I read recently that there was supposed to be new facilities on a new first floor in Lime street station. What these facilities are I don't exactly know. There was talk somewhere maybe on here that the ticket office was being moved and new ticket machine checker things. I'm just watching the link now and any more info will go on this post.
Runcorn Eest's direct service to Leeds will start from Chester - one of the new services to start at December 2017. Also the direct services from St Helens to Newcastle/Edinburgh will be due to the existing Liverpool - Newcastle stopping at St Helens Junction from 2019 and being extended to Edinburgh. The Glasgow link is the new 3 trains a day from Liverpool from 2018.
Find all posts by this user
The sooner this comes into the place the better

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
No good the Junction getting these long distances services if they do not vastly increase the size of the car park.

All time rail mileage travelled 327264 miles
(19/06/2016 20:42)childwallblues Wrote:  No good the Junction getting these long distances services if they do not vastly increase the size of the car park.

have to admit even lea green is small for the people that use it. an inprovement of the juction may remove some strain from lea green.
In some places the only way you can increase car parking is by building another deck , but the chaos that causes has a short term problem of reducing the amount of space available , its a case of grin and bear it , but will LCR pay for it or will the train companies involved with the station have to stick there hands in there pockets .
I think I have somewhere that St Helens Junction is due for a revamp, not sure if it just involves or car park as well.
(20/06/2016 06:13)St Helens Rider Wrote:  I think I have somewhere that St Helens Junction is due for a revamp, not sure if it just involves or car park as well.

Not conformation but a letter to St Helens Star from a member of the public
http://www.sthelensstar.co.uk/news/lette...ebuild_it/

The station looks very 90's and out of date. It surprised me that the Liverpool-Manchester Airport shuttle stops here as its not very disabled friendly and the size of the car park. Another letter was sent to the same newspaper and said Lea Green would be a much better stop over St Helens Junction for that particular service.
Hope they could give Broad Green a lick of paint and do away with the horrible concrete.
The LCR is not really going to allow a headline service to miss St Helens Junction , if it does it has to be non stop as there really is no station other than Huyton and Newton Le Willows with so much importance .

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)