Current time: 18/04/2024, 05:47 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Top Gear
Top Gear
A thead was created recently and sometimes we can go off topic on it. Given today's news I think it's best for talks of Top Gear here.
The show was on The Sun newspaper's headlines today and I'm sure it would've been the same for many of today's tabloids.
https://flic.kr/s/aHskxKbpie
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
RE: Top Gear
I watched the first new episode on Iplayer the other day, found it to be total rubbish

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Matt LeBlanc has said he'll quit his job if Evans is sacked by the BEEB
Watched it last night and it's actually growing on me. The problem is there using the same set with everything as it was when the famous 3 were there. Why didn't they just ditch the current format and go with something completly different.
Find all posts by this user
Have to say that I'm not keen on this new top gear, lack of chemistry between presenters is obvious and in my opinion is not getting any better. Matt Le Blanc is just plain boring and Evans just shouts. Be interesting to see what changes are made for the next series, but they really need to get away from the old format
Definitely need more than Le Blanc and Evans to make any chemistry work in this show.

They seem to be using too much US V GB in this series .
I don't think the new Top Gear is that bad to be honest although I think a few improvements are definitely needed for the next series. I think Matt Le Blanc is definitely the stronger of the two main presenters and he's certainly the funniest. I'd like to see Chris Harris and Rory Reid brought in as permanent presenters alongside Matt in the next series as I've enjoyed all of the segments that have featured Chris H and Rory so far and they're both good presenters in my opinion. As much as I like Chris Evans I just don't think this is the right role for him personally

I don't think it's ever going to be as good as the old Top Gear though
(27/06/2016 14:20)wirralbus Wrote:  Definitely need more than Le Blanc and Evans to make any chemistry work in this show.

They seem to be using too much US V GB in this series .

The first one with the three wheelers and the 4x4s where enough. I haven't seen anything else of the UK (GB) v USA, there again I haven't seen the show for a while.
Try an episode of American Top Gear. It's not as good as the real thing but certainly far better than the current format on BBC Two.
The problem with Le Blanc is he seems very wooden and certainly when in the studio just reads everything from an autoque.

I think a lot of die hard Top gear fans are slating it simply because they seem to have just replaced Clarkson and co, when really they should have re-developed the show into a different format with different segments etc.
The producer challenges were always good to watch as they always seemed to get into strife but it's just not the same with Evans and LeBlanc.

Apparently subscribers to the Top Gear magazine are also up in arms demanding refunds as both Evans and LeBlanc are yet to write anything in the latest series of magazines where as Clarkson, Hamond and May wrote articles and reviews in every edition.

It will be interesting to see how the amazon prime show does, to date everyone's slating top gear but this new show might be a total flop.
I have worried that myself about the new Grand Tour show, I'm not sure about the format but hopefully the chemistry of the 3 and the segments that aren't live for any challenges etc. will be to the standard we know.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)