Current time: 18/04/2024, 21:16 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

The Grand Tour
The Grand Tour
The name of Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May's new Amazon Prime TV series has been revealed as "The Grand Tour"
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
RE: The Grand Tour
Not too keen on the name to be honest, as long as its them 3 doing what they do best again though then the name doesn't really matter I suppose.
(11/05/2016 19:18)jcksmnr Wrote:  Not too keen on the name to be honest, as long as its them 3 doing what they do best again though then the name doesn't really matter I suppose.

Completely agree, it's so different to 'Gear Knob' and 'Unnamed Show'. It's odd!
But as you say as long as it has the three presenters thats all that matters.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
I wonder if part of the name is because GTi (on a car badge) refers to Grand Tourer injection?

buses7675
http://dartslf.com/

Light up, light up as if you have a choice,
Even if you cannot hear my voice.
I'll be right beside you dear.
Clarkson and his co-hosts Hammond and May will in my opinion will have the most amount of viewers out of the current motoring shows. Most people who expressed their views on Twitter said how bad the revamped Top Gear was, how that after 30 minutes they decided to look at a tub of paint dry. Few said they enjoyed the show.
The clapping was an issue and Chris' bouncing around was too much for many of the viewers. But for me it was the humour and how similar it is to American Top Gear.
I like to give stuff a go and willing to give everything time but this won't work out. James May said earlier this year 'I hope Chris does well with the new show' and I too hope it grows but I'd say next weeks viewings will drop massively. Good look to the new hosts but I doubt it will workout for them.

It will be Clarkson all the way for me. Today you get a lot less with the TV licence fee than you do with cable and satellite providers and the online retailer Amazon is more convenient. For me it is and I'm sure many mature viewers would agree with me.
To be honest they have used a tried and tested formula .

Clarkson , Hammond and May are in a different category to these two presenter presenters

Evans and LeBlanc will give it a good go , you aren't really able to give an honest opinion from the first episode , its the following ones that will decide , but the BBC will stand by them due to how the previous threesome broke down .
(30/05/2016 04:54)wirralbus Wrote:  To be honest they have used a tried and tested formula .

Clarkson , Hammond and May are in a different category to these two presenter presenters

Evans and LeBlanc will give it a good go , you aren't really able to give an honest opinion from the first episode , its the following ones that will decide , but the BBC will stand by them due to how the previous threesome broke down .

Perhaps a few episodes and a few series down the line Top Gear may once again found their image if it's still going. Top Gear changed slightly in 2004 and then again several times through the years. From the start of the 2010 series I noticed the sound of clapping and laughing more than the past few years. That same clapping and laughing for me was still used to 2015 and last nights episode was the same. It's as if it's prerecorded clapping and laughing and it's been edited.

I doubt very much that Chris Evans and Matt LeBlanc will pull it off.
I think the Evans v LeBlanc will be as compelling as Clarkson v The Hamster v May in there outside events .

We need to see some of the other faces of Top Gear such as Eddie Jordan first though.
(30/05/2016 13:50)wirralbus Wrote:  I think the Evans v LeBlanc will be as compelling as Clarkson v The Hamster v May in there outside events .

We need to see some of the other faces of Top Gear such as Eddie Jordan first though.

I thought they'd have introduced all the presenters on last night. Not sure why but the revamped Top Gear in 2002 introduced three people Clarkson, Hammond and some motoring editor for a tabloid newspaper. The editor was replaced by May a few shows in.
(30/05/2016 17:41)RedPanda Wrote:  I thought they'd have introduced all the presenters on last night. Not sure why but the revamped Top Gear in 2002 introduced three people Clarkson, Hammond and some motoring editor for a tabloid newspaper. The editor was replaced by May a few shows in.

It was Jason Dawe. He wasn't replaced by James May until the second series

I thought last night's episode of Top Gear was alright personally. I'll give it a few more episodes and see how it goes

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)