Current time: 18/04/2024, 17:05 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stockport - Stalybridge via Reddish South
Stockport - Stalybridge via Reddish South
Has anyone ever done this service? If so do they know what the normal allocation for the single run normally is? For anyone who does not know this Line its only got 1 Train a Week in 1 Direction

More info:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stockport_...ridge_Line

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
RE: Stockport - Stalybridge via Reddish South
Not sure what's on it these days but until 2003, it was 101's. Back in those days it ran on a Friday afternoon (can't remember the timings though).
Find all posts by this user
For a short while and only for a short while the service was operated in the reverse direction between Stalybridge and Stockport .

This service has to operate during daylight hours as well due to the lack of lighting at Reddish South i think.
According to a Wiki article Reddish South dont have lighting (it dont even have any seats!) i was going to do it today but i not been well so planning on doing it next week, Would like a Pacer on there but with the line being *odd* i would accept anything that turns up

Next thing i need to work out is how to get to Stockport so early

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Usually a Class 150.

All time rail mileage travelled 327264 miles
I've certainly done the service since it became a one train operation. I'm also old enough to recall that this line had an hourly service in each direction Monday's to Saturday's!

Don't expect fantastic scenery or fancy trains, just a motley Northern unit (can be anything I think) and usually a few enthusiasts for company.

Unfortunately, it's arrival at Stalybridge is a little early for the rather excellent station buffet/bar.
I might try and get it done this coming Friday, makes a change to the norm i suppose

(05/09/2015 18:45)childwallblues Wrote:  Usually a Class 150.

Currently booked for as a 6 car working! The 2 x DMUs off a peak time extra Macclesfield-Manchester (which the 323s don't stretch to cover) attached to the unit off one of the Chester-Manchester services. The latter should be at the front which is booked as a 150, obviously the conductor doesn't have to have the other units open and I don't think the rear unit can be opened due to platform lengths.

From October it's supposed to just be the units off the Macclesfield service.
Sounds like a movement to get units from South Manchester to North Manchester , which on any other day would be ECS.
(11/09/2015 18:03)wirralbus Wrote:  Sounds like a movement to get units from South Manchester to North Manchester , which on any other day would be ECS.

Although it takes a longer route back to Newton Heath on Fridays and requires a conductor on board to operate in service.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)