Current time: 03/05/2024, 13:05 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

First Manchester
RE: First Manchester
(06/12/2016 20:53)Dentonian Wrote:  It was about a month ago, and it was on that visit I picked up the leaflet advising the new pricing policy. I must admit, though, I didn't think about it in terms of demand.............which in some ways makes the Council decision worse.

They have done it to reassure town centre traders there trying hard to save the town centre. Leyd offer cheap all day parking and watch the shoppers flock. Problem is the car parks are swamped with workers not shoppers and crown point, ikea and the Ashton moss retail parks all offer FREE parking and there's plenty of spaces available.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(06/12/2016 19:49)Mayneway Wrote:  I'm not so sure. Tameside drivers have always got lower pay because it's run as a low cost unit. If the facilities move to another depot there still effectively working for the low cost unit.
Don't forget drivers at queens road are on different pay plàns if they work on the Metroshuttle work, plus a number of Dukinfield drivers don't have cars and get picked up by taxi bus early in the morning. Are they really going to send a bus from Oldham every morning for drivers?

Obviously it's a case of wait and see. Will they continue to run pioneer out of Oldham as a seperate entity or simply merge it all into one.

I think they might have no option except run pioneer out of Oldham. Don't forget they started using that name after the tc cut the number of vehicles on the Manchester licence
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(06/12/2016 22:00)Dentonian Wrote:  If Ikea and Ashton Moss have plenty of spaces available, the loss of a private car park is no problem. Unless, *unlike* CPN, Sainsburys and Morrisons (All in Denton), those two Ashton locations restrict parking to patrons and/or by time period? Looks like my original point holds, and therefore remains relevant to the thread.

No one is daft enough to park at Ashton moss and walk into Ashton town centre lol.
(06/12/2016 22:15)NorthernCounties Wrote:  I think they might have no option except run pioneer out of Oldham. Don't forget they started using that name after the tc cut the number of vehicles on the Manchester licence

This is what I'm asking/wondering. They will have to have a seperate pool of vehiches soley for pioneer services (with pioneer legals etc). Kind of makes things a little complicated. I wonder whether they will ever try to add the pioneer side back onto the main licence.
would the depots that are taking over bury and tameside routes start on the day of the closure or after it. Just wondering because it would make sense to move the buses while the depot isn't doing any routes.
As for Depot closures and when the new depot will be operating the routes it has happened before in similar circumstances that Buses have left one depot in the morning and ended up at another depot at the end of their duty in the evening, whether this happens with Bury & Tameside vehicles I'm not to sure yet.
(07/12/2016 17:03)Dentonian Wrote:  But isn't that what Metrolink is there for? (Yes, I am being sarcastic)

You make a good point Dentonian. Had the powers that be actually thought about it and placed the tram stop a little further down the bypass opposite sainsburys then I would think they would pick up a lot more 'short hop' passengers.
I believe the 7,217 and 339 all pick up good loads on there way into Ashton (mainly oaps) as there's a bus stop directly outside the sainsburys petrol station.
First have now posted on their website about the proposed closures of Bury and Tameside depots. No new significant information though.

https://www.firstgroup.com/greater-manch...pot-review
Wed 07th Dec obs...........
================
Manchester:
36280 on route V1
(07/12/2016 21:26)Squire of the Gate Wrote:  Wed 07th Dec obs...........
================
Manchester:
36280 on route V1

There was another crash on vantage the other day, that's why this is covering

User(s) browsing this thread: 13 Guest(s)