Current time: 01/07/2024, 06:59 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Maytree Travel - Bolton
RE: Maytree Travel - Bolton
only free's evening buses tho and their problem is they only just got the right number of buses for daytime service

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(29/07/2012 07:33)bolton bus basher Wrote:  only free's evening buses tho and their problem is they only just got the right number of buses for daytime service

In some ways, it surprises me when you look at there Bolton Depot and where it is. The size etc and amount of buses etc, including the ones parked on the road, that i see each time I pass. I've often thought do they have that much work, obviously they do and are still short. Surely the depot situation needs urgent priority. If they have the work and not enough buses or just about. More space has to be a priority. Either way Arriva will be sadly missed on Mon to Saturday evenings/

Yes I know this is a. Maytree feed, the post is just to do with the discussion on being. Short on buses.
Well tonight is the night Maytree Travel come in to my backyard. I shall be marking them out of 10 for reliability, friendliness and for not getting lost lol :-)
(30/07/2012 11:47)Damien Wrote:  Well tonight is the night Maytree Travel come in to my backyard. I shall be marking them out of 10 for reliability, friendliness and for not getting lost lol :-)
I know very little about this company, however I'm very confused at the moment! You'll be judging how they run a service on the first day of them operating it? That's not fair, in my opinion! On their first day, drivers might get lost or run a few minutes late, which'll be down to them familiarising themselves with the route! It's not supposed to happen, no, but we're all human and prone to make mistakes... Huh

View my new Flickr Wave Updated!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(30/07/2012 12:03)27701 Wrote:  
(30/07/2012 11:47)Damien Wrote:  Well tonight is the night Maytree Travel come in to my backyard. I shall be marking them out of 10 for reliability, friendliness and for not getting lost lol :-)
I know very little about this company, however I'm very confused at the moment! You'll be judging how they run a service on the first day of them operating it? That's not fair, in my opinion! On their first day, drivers might get lost or run a few minutes late, which'll be down to them familiarising themselves with the route! It's not supposed to happen, no, but we're all human and prone to make mistakes... Huh

Well, I know a lot about maytree and use them contantly. Before the moderators home in on this post, first I am not slagging anyone off judging anyone, or being horrible saying anything nasty. Its just good fun. They don't know the area of the route, and they might get lost, so what if they do. I will gladly point them in the right direction. It is always likely a new company operating into an area, it doesn't know may get lost, but kind people show the drivers the way to go.

As I say, i have used maytree a lot, since they began there operations in Bolton, so please dont accuse me of being judgemental, and critical.
Lovely touch from at First Manchester Bury Depot, quite a few maytree drivers are shadowing The daytime service drivers of first to learn the 510 service for tonight. Nice to see, two companies helping each other out.
Might be possible that at least one of the hybrids currently used on the 9 may be transferred over to Oldham in September for the Metroshuttle service.

From Oldham Council:
'To enable a quick launch, this operator will use its own vehicle from next week until mid-September when it will then be replaced by a fully-branded vehicle, supplied by Transport for Greater Manchester.'

http://www.oldham.gov.uk/press/article/1...own_centre
Find all posts by this user
MX12DYV is now with Maytree http://www.flickr.com/photos/jongraham89...hotostream ex Aberfoyle. Oh and its on the 510 tonight Damien.
(30/07/2012 20:09)jonathon890 Wrote:  MX12DYV is now with Maytree http://www.flickr.com/photos/jongraham89...hotostream ex Aberfoyle. Oh and its on the 510 tonight Damien.

Not bad. New bus for a new service. Presumably, this also ended up on the 519 too, as I'm guessing the two services interwork at Bolton bus station.
(30/07/2012 20:09)jonathon890 Wrote:  MX12DYV is now with Maytree http://www.flickr.com/photos/jongraham89...hotostream ex Aberfoyle. Oh and its on the 510 tonight Damien.

Yes I know it is, and I Caught it 22.10 from Bolton to Bury, lovely bus, and we had Radio 2 on, with its in built Radio and speakers. I take it all back, lovely driver and bus, the companies strategy of sending drivers out with First manchester's 510 drivers to learn the route was a brilliant idea as he seemed to do ok with the route.

Noticed MX08 MYM running the 519

And the 510 that passed on Bury Road at tongue fold, was one of the TFGM 11reg solos decked out in pink media city livery

510/519 timetables seem to have altered, as the 519 left again as we were leaving, then the 510 i mentioned passed us inbound a few mins later.

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)