Current time: 06/05/2024, 15:34 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot
RE: Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot
(30/09/2016 10:36)wirralbus Wrote:  Whats the main difference between the solo's that Birkenhead have for that work in Heswall and 717.

The Solo's for the 175 circular are the older model example (57-plate - late 2007 built) of the Optare Solo. 717 is a newer (12-plate - early 2012 built) model Optare Solo SR.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(30/09/2016 10:41)YK53 GXO Wrote:  The Solo's for the 175 circular are the older model example (57-plate - late 2007 built) of the Optare Solo. 717 is a newer (12-plate - early 2012 built) model Optare Solo SR.

Sorry about asking another question are the older and newer solos the same length ?
(29/09/2016 15:08)YK53 GXO Wrote:  From what I have seen, the Liverpool-bound 487 is loaded and rammed with Wirral Grammar School kids at this time of the morning, all travelling from Neston and Thornton Hough. The service is renowned for running late, hence why there is a duplicate between Neston and Birkenhead only at 0800 in the morning.
Yes this duplicate is well needed. Unfortunately there is no duplicate for the equivalent afternoon journey at school kicking out time, which is alwys well overloaded.
(30/09/2016 11:07)wirralbus Wrote:  Sorry about asking another question are the older and newer solos the same length ?

They can both vary in length completly. They can range from 7.1m to 10.2 meters in length.

I believe the the 57-plates on the 175 circulars (CX57 CYZ - 669 and CX57 CZA - 670) are Optare Solo M880's, meaning they are 8.8m in length.

The 12-plate (MX12 KXH - 717) is an Optare Solo SR M960, therefore meaning it is 9.6m in length.
I do not suppose the extra 0.8m has an effect really on getting around some of the roads that are on that route 175.

I am really surprised that Arriva actually won that contract , Merseytravel at the time of awarding the contract must having been struggling to get anyone to take it .
http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/live...s-11968819

I read this earlier on and it states that Arriva have gained 11 double deckers to help increase capacity on cross rivers when the Wirral - Liverpool merseyrail line closes
So maybe the B5's might be going back to Bolton when it reopens

Follow me on flickr
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
I think you might find that its 11 vehicles that have been reshuffled around the Arriva fleet , that at the end of the work will go back to what they was doing previously.

To be honest how many cross river services these days have single deck vehicles and how many routes would require enhancing.

The 407 is the only one that really parallel's a railway line on its route to Birkenhead and Liverpool.
I doubt they'd be going back to Bolton given that they've had their Arriva logos removed and Cross River Branding applied - seems a bit pointless to change such fine details for a temporary move in my opinion.
Yes i thought they were temporary at first when I read it but they wouldnt have sent them here in August for something that starts in January no way. And its still 11 extras they need to find from somewhere from somewhere by sounds of it
Could be new ones that could then see off some VLW's or DLP's, alternatively they could be ex London refurbs which could also see off some of the existing VLW's/DLP's when the contract finishes.

User(s) browsing this thread: 5 Guest(s)