Current time: 14/05/2024, 23:08 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
RE: Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
(27/09/2016 20:20)Mayneway Wrote:  I didn't mention the JPT President as it falls very short of being in the condition the Maynes examples are in. Plus it's always rumoured to be withdrawn or In reserve. It's worse than a cat with 9 lives lol.

On a side note I find it hard to believe that they have been quick to dispose/cascade much of Trideht stock, yet this shed continues to be flogged in service. I know some of the Tridents were passed their best but some of the ex London stuff wasn't too bad.

Absolutely agree with that - it really does seem very odd that a bus with such a poor maintenance record is still in service, although I have not seen it out for a couple of weeks, so perhaps it has finally had its day!!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Which bus is operating the Sakford University shuttle this year? Has it got a 'new' vehicle or still same old red one?
Can anyone advise the PVR's for the following Routes please

236/237

TIA
(28/09/2016 07:24)rod_259 Wrote:  Which bus is operating the Sakford University shuttle this year? Has it got a 'new' vehicle or still same old red one?

It's been operated by standard vehiches for a while. Im pretty sure Hyde road operate it as I've been photos of the MMCs and dual door magic Tridents being used recently.

The 'red' one was painted into corporate livery a while ago, I'm pretty sure a trident was used initially with the Salford Uni internal/external ads applied but it seems that anything is used now.
Also noted today around city centre that a fair few if the ex bluebird fleet are still on the road.

Had thought most would've been replaced by newer vehicles but they seem in ok nick for now.
(28/09/2016 13:37)33109 Wrote:  Also noted today around city centre that a fair few if the ex bluebird fleet are still on the road.

Had thought most would've been replaced by newer vehicles but they seem in ok nick for now.

Don't forget that the bluebird operation is effectively now the Stagecoach Middleton depot where most of the former Bluebird vehicles operate from. Apart from re-surfacing the yard there's been little investment there compared to at the other Manchester depots. Cascades from other depots have meant that much of the Middleton fleet is now native Stagecoach vehicles but yes as you say a few (got to be single figure) Bluebird vehicles are still used.

The Solo SRs operate out of Stockport depot and what remains of the Evolutions (1 possibly 2) operate out of Ashton.
Not many Bluebird vehicles left in service on paper.
Enviro300s 27598-600 (plus 27624/5 from JPT)
Enviro200s 36073-7
Solos 47822-5
Plus reserve 26130/1, 33871/3/5, 39642.

I suspect 16971 is only being used because its a runner and has MOT/tax. The various Tridents are probably varying degrees of broken or out of MOT/tax.
(28/09/2016 19:52)Dentonian Wrote:  The "red" one was Volvo 16949, used last year on the 700 school contract, based at Stockport. At the end of July it was withdrawn, and was last heard of parked up at Wigan awaiting its fate, alongside other ex Bluebird buses and various Tridents.

Dentonian, as far as I'm aware 16949 was never used on the 700. I work in Glossop and saw practically all 700 workings and I don't think I ever saw it used. After the withdrawal of the B10Ms the 700 was normally worked by a 192 branded hybrid or one of the standard MAN engined Enviro400's.
I seem to remember 16949 originally went to ST to have some mechanical work done prior to sale but ended up being used briefly mainly on the 23.

I haven't seen any 700's since the start of the new school year so I assume it's passed to another operator.
(28/09/2016 20:56)Dentonian Wrote:  I thought it worked off the 700 on to the 23 (1557 ex Stocky?) - hence why I regularly saw it on 23 at that time. Can't think what else it would be kept for, as all other Schools are/were TFGM tenders, so it was too old by last September.

Nope I can honestly say I never saw it on the 700 espically in the afternoons. It was nearly always a hybrid. And the 700 used to leave glossop at around 16.30-16:45 depending on traffic and run dead up mottram Moore and onto the motorway so it wouldn't get into Stockport until 17:30ish depending on traffic on m67.
After some digging unless someone knows otherwise I can't actually find any information regarding this years 700 service from Bluecoat School, there's certainly no mention of it on TfGM website and also no mention apparently on Bluecoats School's website so I'm wondering whether 700 doesn't run anymore.

I'd go for a look at School Finishing time but I work in Manchester so this isn't possible anymore

User(s) browsing this thread: 31 Guest(s)