Current time: 06/05/2024, 20:29 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
RE: Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
Forget which one it was but standinng in for a Solo on 342/344 was one of Ashton Enviro200s yesterday, first time I've seen a Enviro200 on there
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(31/08/2016 18:39)gilbert Wrote:  Which not very clever person decreed that the heating should be on on the buses I went on today? The result being that due to all the lengthy holdups with all the interminable roadworks in so many places meant that the discomfort for travelling passengers became even worse because of the longer than usual journeys. Thanks a bundle.

Saw 10618 route marked for 23/23A/24 although it wasn't as dramatic as many other versions

A few others have these logos too. It seems that Stockport Enviro 400-MMCs are largely routebound to routes 23/a/24 having been bedded in on several routes initially.
Noted 80027 out in service today, with an out of sequence reg number and a slightly non-standard colour scheme. The UK Buses fleet list says it is on long term loan.

Does anyone know if it is actually a Stagecoach vehicle, and why is it on loan?
(14/09/2016 20:13)Dentonian Wrote:  This is on long term loan to Stagecoach group from ADL. It started life at Gillmoss, transferred to Sharston, returned to Gillmoss.....and has now come back to Sharston.

Gillmoss, Rock Ferry then Sharston....didn't return to Gillmoss after Rock Ferry. I would be very surprised if this didn't become a permanent Stagecoach vehicle given that it appears to be to full Stagecoach specification.....

Cheers!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/dmc1947/
The 141 has restarted today. It appears to be run by standard Magics, rather than the ex-London buses previously used - I noted 19165 and 19180 this morning. Both had a 141 sticker in the upstairs front window advertising the service, and stating that it was "up to every 15 minutes". I think that is a reduced frequency from last year, when if my memory serves me right, it was advertised as being "up to every 10 minutes".
17612 still hanging on and on the X41 not long left Altrincham. Must be on borrowed time now!

---
Thanks
Ant

Check out my YouTube Channel updated regularly at 18:00 Most Days;
https://www.youtube.com/c/apdmediatransp...nel/videos

Check out my content on Flickr:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/envirohunter
https://www.flickr.com/photos/envirohunter/albums

Updated recently with a trip down to the South Coast in 2021 & Railway Pictures from 2017.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(19/09/2016 13:50)ant17612 Wrote:  17612 still hanging on and on the X41 not long left Altrincham. Must be on borrowed time now!

It was on the 104 last week too. Could it be a preservation candidate as Stagecoach Manchester's first low floor double decker?
(19/09/2016 17:15)Redmikey Wrote:  It was on the 104 last week too. Could it be a preservation candidate as Stagecoach Manchester's first low floor double decker?

I'm pretty certain that's why it's been retained. Despite it's age and shabby interior it's actually a cracking performer.
They certainly got there money's worth out of her Smile
(19/09/2016 06:57)Owl Wrote:  The 141 has restarted today. It appears to be run by standard Magics, rather than the ex-London buses previously used - I noted 19165 and 19180 this morning. Both had a 141 sticker in the upstairs front window advertising the service, and stating that it was "up to every 15 minutes". I think that is a reduced frequency from last year, when if my memory serves me right, it was advertised as being "up to every 10 minutes".

The service this year is every 15 minutes off-peak and 12/10 minutes peak time
MX14FUP ferrymill motors FM36 seen on Sunday evening near Middleton depot being used as a staff bus
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 8 Guest(s)