Current time: 28/03/2024, 20:35 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
Arriva North West - Speke Depot (Old Closed Thread)
RE: Arriva North West - Speke Depot
(30/08/2016 01:36)FC Pictures Wrote:  they might be used on merseyrail replacement duties in january before Speke get them

They could be - it's happened before with new buses e.g. 06 Commanders at Speke
Find all posts by this user
(30/08/2016 16:39)507022 Wrote:  They could be - it's happened before with new buses e.g. 06 Commanders at Speke

Another example is the pulsars , they where used on metrolink duties as well as some of bootles 09 plate Enviro400 if memory serves me correct.
(25/08/2016 12:02)SL64 JDZ Wrote:  It appears the branded vehicles are 4444, 4477 and 4478. They will be on the road from September 4th

The route 500-branded Wrightbus deckers look pretty good.
From the Liverpool John Lennon Airport website (includes a link for Arriva's 24-hour 86/86A route);
https://www.liverpoolairport.com/news/20...s-to-ljla/
Luxury Seats? Errr, no.

Wifi and plugs? See how long they work for.

A few stickers here and there and a load of fuss over a route that Arriva have run into the ground.
(02/09/2016 16:30)DVG526 Wrote:  Luxury Seats? Errr, no.

Wifi and plugs? See how long they work for.

A few stickers here and there and a load of fuss over a route that Arriva have run into the ground.

I really can't understand why you're so negative about it. There are now three dedicated vehicles for the 500 which are high capacity, fitted with WiFi and charging points as well as e-leather seating which in my view are a fair bit more comfortable than the moquette seats. I think branding the vehicles to promote the route is a good idea as well

Alright the 500 no longer goes through the city centre up to Lime Street station (which isn't a great idea I agree) but re-routing it to run via Liverpool South Parkway does make up for this - or at least partially anyway. Passengers who are coming from elsewhere to Liverpool Airport by rail would usually alight at Lime Street and make their way to the airport from there - however these passengers can now alight at South Parkway and catch the 500 from there instead
I wonder whether these vehicles will see use on the 86A nightbus? It would make sense to continue the JLA branding, but whether it makes monetary sense is another matter...
(02/09/2016 19:01)SL64 JDZ Wrote:  I really can't understand why you're so negative about it. There are now three dedicated vehicles for the 500 which are high capacity, fitted with WiFi and charging points as well as e-leather seating which in my view are a fair bit more comfortable than the moquette seats. I think branding the vehicles to promote the route is a good idea as well

Alright the 500 no longer goes through the city centre up to Lime Street station (which isn't a great idea I agree) but re-routing it to run via Liverpool South Parkway does make up for this - or at least partially anyway. Passengers who are coming from elsewhere to Liverpool Airport by rail would usually alight at Lime Street and make their way to the airport from there - however these passengers can now alight at South Parkway and catch the 500 from there instead
501 resurrected!

All time rail mileage travelled 327264 miles
(02/09/2016 23:17)Enviro400 Wrote:  I wonder whether these vehicles will see use on the 86A nightbus? It would make sense to continue the JLA branding, but whether it makes monetary sense is another matter...

They could be used sometimes, but if they were to be out every night, then they would be on the road pretty much 24/7, which wouldn't be possible (they need downtime, maintenance etc.)
Having said that, it might be possible for say 1 of the 3 to be out nights and after arriving at the airport at 04:05 on the 86A, go onto the 500 departing the airport at 04:31 (or the same thing but one hour later).
But I doubt all 3 vehicles would be 500-branded ones.
The Enviro 400's on the 86/86A are to a similar spec as these vehicles for the 500, so it wouldn't be a major difference in terns of vehicle quality.
(03/09/2016 09:06)St Helens Rider Wrote:  The Enviro 400's on the 86/86A are to a similar spec as these vehicles for the 500, so it wouldn't be a major difference in terns of vehicle quality.

Is the 86/86A night bus service beginning tonight or tomorrow night? Technically, the 4th begins at midnight tonight. So far, I haven't seen any big promotion for the service. Is it being advertised on Speke's vehicles in any way?
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: