Current time: 18/05/2024, 20:43 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Merseytravel Timetable Changes
RE: Merseytravel Timetable Changes
(25/08/2016 21:21)mr t Wrote:  So no actual increase in PVR for Stagecoach is it I thought they were keeping the combined 10 minute frequency with the 1/2, The timetable isnt co-ordinated at all now

seems to confirm Arriva`s reasons for pulling out of the service,it wasn`t a very equal partnership,with Stagecoach not thinking it worhwhile in extra investment replacing the Arriva journeys,But including the X8 it`s still seven buses an hour to Chester
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
But it is not 7 buses at all stops though is it .
(25/08/2016 21:44)wirralbus Wrote:  But it is not 7 buses at all stops though is it .

it`s 3 different routes and they all take far too long to get to Chester anyway,perhaps they could divert the 1 and 2 via queensferry to make it even slower
Arriva need to bring back an hourly express service omitting Ellesmere Port and Cheshire oaks etc like the X11 used to do
(25/08/2016 22:22)mr t Wrote:  Arriva need to bring back an hourly express service omitting Ellesmere Port and Cheshire oaks etc like the X11 used to do

that could do quite well,it`s going to cheshire oaks that puts the spanner in the times of the chester routes,even before any congestion ruins it further
(25/08/2016 22:26)FC Pictures Wrote:  that could do quite well,it`s going to cheshire oaks that puts the spanner in the times of the chester routes,even before any congestion ruins it further

I would certainly welcome a resurrected X11 - I find it annoying how the only way to get from Wirral to Chester on an Arriva pass is via Liverpool and Runcorn. I actually did that journey the other day - it took about 4 hours!
(25/08/2016 22:22)mr t Wrote:  Arriva need to bring back an hourly express service omitting Ellesmere Port and Cheshire oaks etc like the X11 used to do

Or half hourly 1C/10C which Arriva renumbered 401.

My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/31135444@N02/
(25/08/2016 23:16)MTL0201 Wrote:  Or half hourly 1C/10C which Arriva renumbered 401.

The 401 was essentially just the same as the 1 and 2 wasn't it? The whole point is that they need a *proper* express service to Chester
(25/08/2016 21:21)mr t Wrote:  So no actual increase in PVR for Stagecoach is it I thought they were keeping the combined 10 minute frequency with the 1/2, The timetable isnt co-ordinated at all now

That route and map is Wrong for the 2 as between Birkenhead and Bromborough the 2 is going to follow the 38 route making buses along Derby Rd, Bebington Stn and Port Sunlight approx every 15 with both 38 and 2 serving there
Hooray! Times on bus stops around Broadgreen now reflect the changes on 5th September ...
The really funny thing was they had 2 different sets of times at the bus stops, but neither was correct until some time in the last few days ...

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)