Current time: 18/05/2024, 11:30 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

GHA Group (Bryn Melyn, Vale Travel + Others)
RE: GHA Group (Bryn Melyn, Vale Travel + Others)
(13/08/2016 09:27)knutstransport Wrote:  There's a 64 reg Audi A4 listed with the buses. Did management buy that as a company car or something?

CA07 GHA is certainly attracting a lot of interest!

The other centro AA56 GHA as attracted a lot of intrest too , the audi must of been bought and kept on the companies books for that to be a buissness asset and be auctioned off.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(13/08/2016 09:39)knutstransport Wrote:  Why would they want to hang around? Storing the buses costs them money, selling the buses results in them receiving money.
I did think it was a bit of a stupid comment to make after posting it.

Will be interesting to see where the fleet ends up, I could see some of the newer stock finding its way to the larger operators, but the likes of the older stock will probably end up all over the country.

The step-entrance deckers don't seem to be attracting any bids at the moment (except L602 NOS), I suppose anything which doesn't sell will most likely end up being scrapped.

Did we ever find out what was and wasn't DDA compliant? The older solos seem to be attracting a lot of bids.

Wrexham Transport (Flickr)
(14/08/2016 10:14)Garsty Wrote:  I did think it was a bit of a stupid comment to make after posting it.

Will be interesting to see where the fleet ends up, I could see some of the newer stock finding its way to the larger operators, but the likes of the older stock will probably end up all over the country.

The step-entrance deckers don't seem to be attracting any bids at the moment (except L602 NOS), I suppose anything which doesn't sell will most likely end up being scrapped.

Did we ever find out what was and wasn't DDA compliant? The older solos seem to be attracting a lot of bids.
The older solos will tend to be bought for spares etc as what they would pay for the full bus in the auction would most probally only get them a second hand engine else where.
(14/08/2016 10:23)motormayhem1 Wrote:  The older solos will tend to be bought for spares etc as what they would pay for the full bus in the auction would most probally only get them a second hand engine else where.

I'd imagine the same will go for the Renowns as there's still quite a few of them around too.
Wrexham Council have announced that 8 previous GHA operated routes are to be covered.

http://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wa...s-11752599

One of the companies is RML 2418 Limited which I've never heard of before. Their address is Vauxhall Industrial Eatate Ruabon, and you can guess who 2 of their directors are....
https://www.companiesintheuk.co.uk/ltd/rml2418

*Edit
RJ's of Wem is another company that has been awarded a contract, and surprise surprise..
https://www.companiesintheuk.co.uk/ltd/rjs-of-wem
(15/08/2016 17:05)N531 DWM Wrote:  Wrexham Council have announced that 8 previous GHA operated routes are to be covered.

http://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wa...s-11752599

One of the companies is RML 2418 Limited which I've never heard of before. Their address is Vauxhall Industrial Eatate Ruabon, and you can guess who 2 of their directors are....
https://www.companiesintheuk.co.uk/ltd/rml2418

Looks like what was said further up is true that they are to operate again but under another name , i think its wrong that they are allowed to do that.
(15/08/2016 17:20)motormayhem1 Wrote:  Looks like what was said further up is true that they are to operate again but under another name , i think its wrong that they are allowed to do that.

Bet they've got bids in with the auctioneers on some of the Ex GHA stock.
I believe RML2418 Ltd and RJ's of Wem were associated with Shropshire Bus & Coach, which GHA bought and which gave them their base in Shrewsbury.
(15/08/2016 17:20)motormayhem1 Wrote:  Looks like what was said further up is true that they are to operate again but under another name , i think its wrong that they are allowed to do that.

Whether it's wrong or not what the hell are Wrexham council doing awarding contracts to an operator they have no previous experience with who are owned by people who have just costed various local councils a load of money in re-tendering bus services?
(15/08/2016 17:29)N531 DWM Wrote:  Bet they've got bids in with the auctioneers on some of the Ex GHA stock.

I don't know. If they do that won't they have to pay the full amount on receipt of the bus? Surely it's more their style to pay a deposit and then wait for the bus to be repossessed.

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)