Current time: 05/05/2024, 05:55 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
RE: Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
(24/07/2016 15:59)Owl Wrote:  You are right - I was thinking about more recent times, starting with one of the "M" reg Scanias

The 3 East lancs Scania's were the first double deckers for many years quickly followed by the Enviro400 - and we all know what happened there Smile
I don't think JPT ever ran any services actually past their depot and I think on all occasions it was drivers running dead back to the depot, perhaps this was a reason for the owners plan to move to a bigger depot on the site of that former factory - which obviously never happened but was well clear of any low bridges.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(22/07/2016 06:38)Owl Wrote:  I make that four - three in JPT service, and one ex-JPT with Stagecoach. I am not sure it is the bridges fault though......

Thanks, I've been on holiday for a week so I've only just seen this.
Finally seen 10598 in service at Ashton, it's on the 236 today.
Im pretty certain that means the whole batch of 31 of Ashton's are now in use.
(30/07/2016 13:36)Dentonian Wrote:  AFAWK, 10603 has yet to be delivered. 10604 is/was the bus loaned to Stockport (for familiarisation purposes only), but may well have seen service first.

God it gets confusing lol.

So were looking out for 10603 which won't be for a couple of weeks with the 'shutdown' at ADL.
I have seen 10609 and 10611-13 on route 203, but expect these are intended for routes 250 & X50.
Could someone explain how the Manchester Dayrider ticket works? On Stagecoach's website they've got listed a £2 ticket which says valid on all Stagecoach & Magic Bus services in Greater Manchester but have a £4 ticket saying the same thing, with a £3.20 one for Middleton and Moston only: https://www.stagecoachbus.com/regionalti...r/dayrider

Is there some mistake/omission on their site?
(31/07/2016 09:34)knutstransport Wrote:  Could someone explain how the Manchester Dayrider ticket works? On Stagecoach's website they've got listed a £2 ticket which says valid on all Stagecoach & Magic Bus services in Greater Manchester but have a £4 ticket saying the same thing, with a £3.20 one for Middleton and Moston only: https://www.stagecoachbus.com/regionalti...r/dayrider

Is there some mistake/omission on their site?

The £2 day rider is for a child/concession. The full unlimited day rider is £4 although I agree the website is slightly confusing.
The stagecoach website is awful to navigate. The timetables section is quite hard if you don't want to go at a particular time and just want to see the general service pattern. I much prefer to download off the tfgm website.
(31/07/2016 09:45)Mayneway Wrote:  The £2 day rider is for a child/concession. The full unlimited day rider is £4 although I agree the website is slightly confusing.

Thanks.
(30/07/2016 19:31)Mayneway Wrote:  So were looking out for 10603 which won't be for a couple of weeks with the 'shutdown' at ADL.

There doesn't appear to be a 'shutdown' - given Newcastle have started taking delivery of their examples and the shutdown is supposedly now.

Your roving North East reporter, bring you the latest news from Arriva North East, Stagcoach North East and Go North East.

My Flickr
Updated regularly
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 9 Guest(s)