Current time: 18/05/2024, 05:19 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

GHA Group (Bryn Melyn, Vale Travel + Others)
RE: GHA Group (Bryn Melyn, Vale Travel + Others)
(22/07/2016 20:26)Danfilm007 Wrote:  I doubt there's much anger in terms of Arriva not picking up much recently, they've trimmed and trimmed their network down in the area, so not gaining some work mustn't be too much of an irritation IMO.

Indeed. If anything it's more of a surprise that Arriva have picked up the 87 service and the Friday and Saturday evening services in the Macclesfield area.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Arriva still have a decent Network in Maccelsfield so i can understand why they have got them, Its places such as Crewe where no interest is shown at all

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(23/07/2016 13:16)T42 PVM Wrote:  Arriva still have a decent Network in Maccelsfield so i can understand why they have got them, Its places such as Crewe where no interest is shown at all

But Arriva didn't bid for the Friday/Saturday evening work in Macclesfield the last time the contract was put up for renewal and quite a while ago Arriva used to run most of the Cheshire routes now operated by High Peak but scaled back operations which allowed Bakerbus and then other operators to pick up work in the area.
Am surprised Arriva never bidded for it, Still its nice to see they have made their Macc network stronger

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
(23/07/2016 14:00)T42 PVM Wrote:  Am surprised Arriva never bidded for it, Still its nice to see they have made their Macc network stronger

They probably knew that GHA would tender lower than they could, so didnt bother.
That is possible!

(23/07/2016 14:45)djb Wrote:  They probably knew that GHA would tender lower than they could, so didnt bother.
GHA were the only bidder, even D&G who had acquired the services through the acquisition of Bakerbus, didn't bid to try and keep them.
Apparently there was a good few Ruthin vehicles being moved to Ruabon today.

Wrexham Transport (Flickr)
Don't know about ruthin stuff but coming out of chester near tarvin I saw a GHA solo that was showing L1 on it's destination display.

Any idea where this was headed?
(26/07/2016 19:24)33109 Wrote:  Don't know about ruthin stuff but coming out of chester near tarvin I saw a GHA solo that was showing L1 on it's destination display.

Any idea where this was headed?

Buses also being moved from Winsford to Ruabon today. CN06BXS was one of them.

DLG817
I have a website which looks at the bus and coach operators in North East Wales. There are current fleetlists for all operators and most have a full historic fleet list.
Included are current depot fleet lists for Arriva Cymru. There are also a number of ceased opertators with historic fleet lists including the GHA Group
The address and a link is www.Ronsbusesandcoaches.com

User(s) browsing this thread: