Current time: 28/04/2024, 04:11 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
RE: Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
(25/05/2016 20:29)Dentonian Wrote:  First batch or second batch? I heard that 10564-77 are/will be at loss less comfy that 10534-51.

As an aside, and as they haven't been seen anywhere else, I'm guessing you have travelled on one (or more) on Wilmslow Road. Have you noticed if Stagecoach (and First, for that matter) are sticking to the official diversion routes, and, more importantly, if so, are they observing stops at the back of MRI on UBS?

When I saw 10582 yesterday,it was on Manchester Rd travelling from Cheadle to Parrs Wood.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(25/05/2016 21:01)Dentonian Wrote:  Thanks, its just that I've got an appiontment at MRI on Friday, and knowing that 147s don't meet my buses at the best of times and - as you hint - both this and the 18 are unreliable, my main concern is that if I come out onto UBS, a Piccadilly bus (other than the infrequent 130, of course) will stop.

Any of the Oxford Road/Wilmslow Road services (42, 43, etc.) pass within a short walk of Manchester Royal Infirmary, and stop almost outside Oxford Road station.
(26/05/2016 19:03)Dentonian Wrote:  That is possible. I believe the allocations might be fluid whilst a number of buses are down at Wentworth in connection with some Golfing event. Still minor variations in the final allocation, but I think the more urgent "job" will be to confirm the registrations of 10581 upwards.

Spoke to my pal today from Ashton who reckons nothing's changed in regards to what's going where. It's 31 for Ashton, 10ish each for Stockport and Hyde road, the complication is that HE are short of buses due to some of thier own MMCs being away at the golfing event like you said. Infact he did suggest Ashton's might
Not see use in Ashton until after Parklife.
19130 seems to be working out of Ashton depot today as it's currently on 236's.
(27/05/2016 13:20)Mayneway Wrote:  19130 seems to be working out of Ashton depot today as it's currently on 236's.

It has been allocated to AZ for a while now
(27/05/2016 20:15)Dentonian Wrote:  Strewth! That's a fortnight away. I seem to recall in the past that all depots pitch in with Parklife and I wouldn't have thought it would make sense to use brand new buses, anyway.

That's exactly what I thought, but apparently some of Liverpools MMCs will also be used in Manchester over the Parklife weekend so it should be good from the photographers point of view Smile
(27/05/2016 15:50)joe_alker Wrote:  It has been allocated to AZ for a while now

Has it?
Not seen anything reported here which is why I mentioned it but to be honest only really noticed it as on my way into work at lunchtime two 237's and then 19130 on 236 all passed me travelling up Mottram Moore together Ashton bound, 19130 only catching my attention as it had a fault with it's front destination.
(27/05/2016 21:58)Mayneway Wrote:  Has it?
Not seen anything reported here which is why I mentioned it but to be honest only really noticed it as on my way into work at lunchtime two 237's and then 19130 on 236 all passed me travelling up Mottram Moore together Ashton bound, 19130 only catching my attention as it had a fault with it's front destination.

19130 (VX 07 CYV): ST to HE(ex loan), 2/16; HE to AZ, 2/16 happened 29/2/16
only 3 months ago
(27/05/2016 00:11)Mayneway Wrote:  Spoke to my pal today from Ashton who reckons nothing's changed in regards to what's going where. It's 31 for Ashton, 10ish each for Stockport and Hyde road, the complication is that HE are short of buses due to some of thier own MMCs being away at the golfing event like you said. Infact he did suggest Ashton's might
Not see use in Ashton until after Parklife.

This might answer and end all speculation regarding the allocation of the in-the-process-of-delivery E400MMCs - 10578-97 are for Hyde Road followed by the ones for Ashton.

Your roving North East reporter, bring you the latest news from Arriva North East, Stagcoach North East and Go North East.

My Flickr
Updated regularly
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(29/05/2016 10:48)Dentonian Wrote:  The hint of sarcasm is all very well, but as Mayneway says, its not been reported on here. A look at the FleetCards will no doubt confirm the *intention* to transfer it, but that doesn't mean it actually happened. And as your extract infers, a lot of loans go on. For instance, I saw 22392 back at its spritual home (alongside the rest of the "KickStart" batch) on a Stockport local early last week, but I'm told this too is only a loan from HE - where single deckers are pointless.

Presumably he's quoting from the PSV circle newsletter but a lot of what is reported is actually from fleetcards and we all know that what's on the fleetcards dosen't happen straight away.
I'm sure on the last day of HE operating the 168/169 back at Easter 19130 was one if the vehicles used, and given that I live and work in Tameside and see a lot of AZs workings 19130 has certainly been very elusive if it's been there for 3 months Smile

User(s) browsing this thread: 38 Guest(s)