Current time: 01/07/2024, 06:09 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

New Buses for Arriva North West and Wales
RE: New Buses for Arriva North West and Wales
(02/07/2012 11:19)J654UHN Wrote:  The ones for runcorn are already in the fleet. Stored at manchester with the solos and have Dp seating

Solo's May be for Macclesfield as planned to use the Solo's to replace Dennis Dart MPD's - official lauch scheduled for later this month - no date confirmed externally yet though.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Right does anyone have a full list incl deckers of what is due this year there was one on the old forum but it has gone missing
(02/07/2012 12:49)Vbg111v Wrote:  Any pics of the Solos?
There's this one but other than that, not that I've seen. There's no public indication of fleet numbers or allocations as of yet.

Photo credit Jamie Vendy

[Image: 1chYP.jpg]
http://www.flickr.com/photos/fgw143/7456671538/
MX12 KVT - Credit MK2FiestaFestival
Arriva North West won't have many 'old' buses to replace soon with all of these new Pulsar 2s, so hopefully that might mean some further investment in Wales a bit, well one can hope!

To put it into perspective Wales has received only 11 new buses in 3 years and those were for the single 'Cymru Coastliner' route!

Wrexham Transport (Flickr)
(02/07/2012 17:17)P450 SWX Wrote:  http://www.flickr.com/photos/fgw143/7456671538/
MX12 KVT - Credit MK2FiestaFestival

Thank you, they look the part. Links branding seems to be being used more & more.
(02/07/2012 20:05)Garsty Wrote:  Arriva North West won't have many 'old' buses to replace soon with all of these new Pulsar 2s, so hopefully that might mean some further investment in Wales a bit, well one can hope!
I think they are going to need to clear the last of the Darts out over the next three years or so, plus the DLAs are unlikely to see much more than five years service given that they're quite old now and have no doubt been worked very hard in London. Agree with what you're saying though as it is still a very modern and well-presented fleet.

Possibly what's likely to happen is that Cymru will receive vehicles which have already been used such as the earlier Commanders and in time Pulsars. It's unlikely that new buses for Merseyside will dry up after next year's Green Bus Fund-aided purchases as it's likely one of Arriva's best-performing subsidiaries and so can take the 'hit' on high initial depreciation. With the exception of Chester-oriented routes and a few others that's probably not sustainable for Cymru.
Solo SR's:
MX12 KVB
MX12 KVC
MX12 KVD
MX12 KVE
MX12 KVF
MX12 KVH
MX12 KVJ
MX12 KVK
MX12 KVL
MX12 KVV
MX12 KXG
MX12 KXK
MX12 KXL
(all photos credit MK2FiestaFestival)

KVS and KVT already been noted and linked to on the thread, no point re-linking them.
Can someone confirm my inkling with the following please?

Solo SRs

701-8 for Winsford
709-24 for St Helens?

I've been in Lothian Buses land for the past week or so so I'm catching up

The earliest example currently at Jackson Street is 710 so if we assume that's the earliest we'll get, it'll be 710-725 for Jackson Street. I did believe Winsford were down for 10 examples though and I would have assumed those to be 700-709.

[Image: 1chYP.jpg]

User(s) browsing this thread: