Current time: 30/04/2024, 14:05 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

First Manchester
RE: First Manchester
(03/05/2016 19:28)Raawwwrrr! Wrote:  At the current frequency, bendybuses are definitely a good option for the 135. However, as mention they are riddled with faults and panel fractures. 12015 has serious electrical problems and most of the bells don't actually work. There's another one 12013? that frequently suffers from a failed front destination and three weeks ago the one that turned up on the first bus of a Saturday morning the rear doors failed and kept opening due to a fault with the emergency switch/air pressure, they kept opening regardless of if the bus was stopped or otherwise.

I use the service regularly (at all hours due to work) and you can actually end up on one full-standing, which is not a pleasant experience at all. Although the route could (and is often) operated by double decker buses, loading time is increased due to the bus only having one door, and quite often passengers refuse to use the upper deck.
Thanks for your input it's appreciated as I've never ridden on the 135 before so I'm not entirely sure of its loadings. I always thought they were on the for the sake of it.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Bendi omnicitys are crap, first don't look after em properly it would seem from comments above. Half the time bells don't work plus the led displays fail left right & centre.

The citaros are OK just! But rock hard seats isn't acceptable, plus 1 failed at radcliffe a few wks ago apparently with overheating brakes. However although they're older the optare solos that work around ashton are pretty clean for their age! Just need led displays as the dot matrix 1s are a bugger to read in the sun.
(04/05/2016 08:21)33109 Wrote:  Bendi omnicitys are crap, first don't look after em properly it would seem from comments above. Half the time bells don't work plus the led displays fail left right & centre.

The citaros are OK just! But rock hard seats isn't acceptable, plus 1 failed at radcliffe a few wks ago apparently with overheating brakes. However although they're older the optare solos that work around ashton are pretty clean for their age! Just need led displays as the dot matrix 1s are a bugger to read in the sun.

Ashton have recently taken a few Solos from Oldham Depot including their Y-KND's!

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
According to a post on FB, Manchester are not due any new buses from this years group order although it's reported that 2 more B5s are due for the busway with 66 regs.
I thought this year there would have been some investment to clear out the Citaros San solos. I'm was also pretty sure the 11 reg B7s on the 582 at Bolton were due to be changed as the route is part of a quality bus corridor that need replacing every five years. Unless I'm wrong.
(04/05/2016 08:27)WWH44L Wrote:  According to a post on FB, Manchester are not due any new buses from this years group order although it's reported that 2 more B5s are due for the busway with 66 regs.
I thought this year there would have been some investment to clear out the Citaros San solos. I'm was also pretty sure the 11 reg B7s on the 582 at Bolton were due to be changed as the route is part of a quality bus corridor that need replacing every five years. Unless I'm wrong.

I wonder if a swap between Bolton and Rusholme and swap streetlites for the B7's could be on the cards.
36279 photographed on the V1 yesterday morning (3 May)

https://www.flickr.com/photos/selmerorse...730033361/
36279 would have been covering on Vantage routes due to the fact that one of the Vantage buses is away at Thomas Hardies Trafford Park recieving attention of some sort
Its made it into the Manchester Evening News

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/n...s-11364872

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Limited service to run on service 59 between Shaw and Middleton, service 184 between Grotton and Oldham Mumps, service 350 between Mossley and Ashton (some running to/from Oldham) and full routes of services 83 and 409.

All Bury, Bolton, Rusholme and Tameside depot services running as normal, along with First WY services 589 and 590. Some routes that are operated by Bury/Bolton depot may see some journeys affected, as they're operated by Queens Road depot, which are some journeys on service 35 and X39, the 93 daytime service (Bury runs evenings) and 163 evening short journeys between Middleton and Manchester (Bury depot running all other journeys).

https://www.firstgroup.com/greater-manch...ial-action
Sounds like a fun day! But at least some services will run so not a total disaster.

On a slightly more positive note I've noticed quite a few of the drivers are slowly getting friendlier towards passengers, whereas before there were some really miserable grouchy & quite tetchy drivers about.

Hats off to em though I say especially any that have to work into or out of manchester city centre atm with the chaos of the traffic.

User(s) browsing this thread: