Current time: 05/05/2024, 03:50 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
RE: Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
hey all,

I noticed 22094 is on 540 on bus rest park. and 631/2 interwork on 22328 and the engine is awful this morning.

Thank you,

Martyn
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(19/04/2016 12:31)SLTRegular Wrote:  22094 has transferred to Wigan it's on the 32 to the park and ride today

22328 is also new here it's on the 598 22327 is on 621 latest another newbie??

19191 (Magicbus) on the 50

Add 22335 and 22321 to that list too, they are to replace 19087/19089/19103 which have gone to Middleton
22094 is reportedly in reserve 35 has had a new floor fitted

Bring Back Arriva Skelmersdale
(22/04/2016 18:23)Scania1996 Wrote:  Add 22335 and 22321 to that list too, they are to replace 19087/19089/19103 which have gone to Middleton

The people of Middleton should be glad it's not 19101 it passed me once in Piccadilly and nearly deafened me.

I also finally managed to catch an MMC, my initial thought was just meh.
(23/04/2016 23:25)acocker96 Wrote:  The people of Middleton should be glad it's not 19101 it passed me once in Piccadilly and nearly deafened me.

I also finally managed to catch an MMC, my initial thought was just meh.

Yep it sounds like a very loud Hoover and has been like that for a good few weeks now. I could hear it approaching Ashton Bus station about 10 mins before it came into view lol.

I think internally there's not much difference between the older Enviro's and the MMCs, but externally I think there ugly. Much prefer the older shaped ones but I still say the best buses have to be the ex London Tridents. 17499 which is still at AZ is a cracking bus, they just seem much better built.
(24/04/2016 08:34)Mayneway Wrote:  Yep it sounds like a very loud Hoover and has been like that for a good few weeks now. I could hear it approaching Ashton Bus station about 10 mins before it came into view lol.

I think internally there's not much difference between the older Enviro's and the MMCs, but externally I think there ugly. Much prefer the older shaped ones but I still say the best buses have to be the ex London Tridents. 17499 which is still at AZ is a cracking bus, they just seem much better built.
I agree, outside the MMC's sounds and looks different, inside like you said extremely similar. That video which said they won't rattle as much was a fallacy as well. I prefer a good old trident, I like the London ones myself because they have the beach ball interior so slightly more up to date.
Thanks to the Stagecoach UK Enthusiasts Facebook site for posting a picture of 17522 outside the garage at Hyde Road. Apparently it sustained damage to the wiring in the cab following an electrical fire last December, and there are suggestions that it might not be economic to repair.

That explains why it is the only one of the 141 branded Magics that I have not seen since Christmas, and the standard Magics that I have noted on the 141 over the last few months.
Saw a poster on board this evening stating that Stagecoach will no longer sell weekly Megarider paper tickets from Wednesday 11 May, with tickets being issued onto the Stagecoach Smartcard.
22407? Is this bus still at Stockport? I think I've only ever seen it twice in all the time it was supposed to be here.
(26/04/2016 20:37)SF07 Wrote:  Saw a poster on board this evening stating that Stagecoach will no longer sell weekly Megarider paper tickets from Wednesday 11 May, with tickets being issued onto the Stagecoach Smartcard.

Details now on Stagecoach website.

https://www.stagecoachbus.com/promos-and...coachsmart

User(s) browsing this thread: 69 Guest(s)