Current time: 21/05/2024, 16:32 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot
RE: Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot
Laird St are know installing two way communication radios on their buses.

Daniel Christopher.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
4529 on 409 today(Friday) also 3000 on 487 and 2 streetlites on 492/5 i.e.6003 and 6005
Find all posts by this user
(15/04/2016 10:44)2829 Wrote:  Laird St are know installing two way communication radios on their buses.

Very interesting and not before time. For those outside of the area, until last year when Stagecoach GM installed them, not one Merseyside operator equipped its vehicles with two-way radios. I can think of a dozen reasons why such equipment is essential in this day and age. I wonder if other depots will follow suit?
I believe they are testing the system then its possible that all the merseyside operation will have them fitted to make contact easier.
Its one of Merseytravels fandangos so will be rolled out across Merseyside over the next few years
I'm really surprised to hear this; I thought 2-way communication radios were standard for large operators in the industry.
(16/04/2016 12:39)mr t Wrote:  Its one of Merseytravels fandangos so will be rolled out across Merseyside over the next few years

What's a Spanish dance got to do with this? Is it Merseytravel or Arriva policy to introduce radio communication? In the 1970s every MPTE bus was so fitted.
(16/04/2016 18:10)Valandil Wrote:  I'm really surprised to hear this; I thought 2-way communication radios were standard for large operators in the industry.

I think other large operators in the north west have had two way radios and some small ones too but as for Arriva NW and the Arriva uk bus network I'm unsure. When I first started using buses back in 2012-2013 I always thought drivers could report breakdowns, lost property and crime on the ticket machines.
(16/04/2016 21:32)RedPanda Wrote:  I think other large operators in the north west have had two way radios and some small ones too but as for Arriva NW and the Arriva uk bus network I'm unsure. When I first started using buses back in 2012-2013 I always thought drivers could report breakdowns, lost property and crime on the ticket machines.

At present the only means of communication is the driver's mobile phone. Not very high tech in this day and age.
(16/04/2016 21:56)Barney Wrote:  At present the only means of communication is the driver's mobile phone. Not very high tech in this day and age.

Are they using their own personal mobile phone or a cheap one Ariiva's provided?

User(s) browsing this thread: 10 Guest(s)