Current time: 26/06/2024, 10:35 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Routemaster Buses Nantwich
RE: Routemaster Buses Nantwich
(07/04/2016 22:04)Lynx Wrote:  And with all due respect to yourself I will stop discussing this subject the moment that your "bus operation" starts encouraging sensible driving. Once the fact that I'm referring to becomes fiction then I have nothing more to say.

I quite frankly have no desire in discussing anything to do with the alleged "predatory" competition or any other squabbles between GHA and RM any further as like you say we aren't in possession of the full facts, and I respect that. For the record I have no gripe with yourself or GHA as a company as I think in parts you have a really quality operation. But, however as I've said I will always take issue with acts of clearly aggressive and dangerous driving, whether or not that's my place as a bus enthusiast is another matter but at the same time I've got no reason not to mention such acts.

The moment I start talking idol gossip and start speculating then I'll stop at the first instance, but when I'm talking about facts that I've witnessed with my own eyes and via my various recordings unfortunately I simply won't be hushed.

Please don't take any of what I have said personally or in the sense that I have some sort of agenda against GHA as I certainly don't. I would do the same for any operator if it warranted it, I hope you understand where I'm coming from.

Thank you for your honest answer Mr Lynx, however I can assure you that our company does not encourage anyone to drive dangerously and if you have any observations of dangerous driving then please feel free to email details of the incident to talktous@ghacoaches.co.uk and I can assure you that we will investigate the matter and take the appropriate action.

Most of our fleet is fitted with Greenroad and the rest of the fleet is in the process of being fitted so we encourage drivers to drive safely and efficiently and not to idle for excessive periods and any report of dangerous or inconsiderate driving can normally be verified using Greenroad.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(07/04/2016 16:33)GHA Coaches Wrote:  Whether or not you agree with the action GHA took none of you on this forum are aware of the complete facts behind the decision to register the 84, however I can assure you that neither party is completely innocent and I am in possession of documentation and evidence that substantiates this.

A while back someone posted that GHA said the 84 was registered because the C84 was taking GHA's passengers. This has been a claim what has never made sense to most/all people who post on here given Routemaster's service had been running in a slot which Arriva has been running in for years, I think Arriva had been running in that slot since before GHA took over the 82 route. If the village of Tarvin provides such as massive flow to Chester I don't understand why GHA didn't consider providing a more frequent service when Arriva originally announced their intention to cut their 84 service to Chester to hourly, if not before.

I do think Routemaster get treated preferentially by enthusiasts and some of the posts here provide evidence of that. When GHA put out a N reg single decker which wasn't a low-floor on a public route this year there was a lot of criticism but when Routemaster put out 4993 UG the posts were along the lines of look at the brilliant bus Routemaster had out today.
(08/04/2016 14:19)33109 Wrote:  GHA don't seem to be doing all that brilliantly atm lets be honest, these are a few comments i've heard off a few macc drivers from arriva that I know myself:

GHA have been dropping services on the 19 prestbury route
Not sticking to timetables that well

My observations are that the GHA fleet in general looks fairly scruffy & unkempt. Buses seem to be going a good few weeks without being washed or cleaned internally, drivers aren't wearing a proper uniform. Some are turning out in jeans/t-shirt & trainers not a professional image really is it to present passengers with???

GHAs fleet look tatty in general, quite a few buses have various bodywork scuffs & scrapes etc which gives a bad image. Also a few people have commented a few drivers are very rude & generally unhelpful to people. Final thing is there's not a timetable leaflet which routemaster produced for the C84 & D&G produce for all their services.

It's been predicted by a few fellow bus enthusiasts I know & drivers from rival companies that GHA won't last much longer with their current track record.

To be fair GHA do have some excellent and helpful drivers and then some that are not so helpful, but this is the case with every operator in the land so it's probably unfair to make any comment on drivers.

Be careful "predicting" things because as has already been stated we are bus enthusiasts, and we aren't aware of the full picture, and I wouldn't make comments that operators won't last much longer as this only serves to cause problems and damage driver moral.

I won't comment on anything else you've said as everyone else can make there own mind up about your comments regarding fleet image.
Every company as its good points and bad points wether it be drivers, state of the buses etc but as its stated that no one apart from the 2 operators involved will know facts and figures but as stated its the drivers i feel sorry for who read negative stuff and moral falls due to it.
(08/04/2016 08:41)knutstransport Wrote:  A while back someone posted that GHA said the 84 was registered because the C84 was taking GHA's passengers.

When GHA put out a N reg single decker which wasn't a low-floor on a public route this year there was a lot of criticism but when Routemaster put out 4993 UG the posts were along the lines of look at the brilliant bus Routemaster had out today.

Don't quite see how you make that point as i witnessed it myself posted on Social Media that Routemaster had upset them with their times between Tarvin and Chester and since the withdrawal of the C84 it had also been posted that "Why is it "sadly" more like don't start battles you can't sustain" even though Routemaster never started a battle and never intended to.

Just to clarify on a point you have raised there about 4993 UG to which i presume you are talking about my photo of it on the 89, i'd assume it is registered as a Coach rather than a Bus so therefore it can legally be in service until 2020, hence why a lot of small independents M&M Coaches for example still have Mercedes Minibuses in Service.

I also find it rather amusing how people raising a totally valid point of discussion get their posts deleted.

M.R.P Photography on Flickr | M.R.P_Videography on YouTube
(09/04/2016 01:22)LJ51 DDA Wrote:  Don't quite see how you make that point as i witnessed it myself posted on Social Media that Routemaster had upset them with their times between Tarvin and Chester and since the withdrawal of the C84 it had also been posted that "Why is it "sadly" more like don't start battles you can't sustain" even though Routemaster never started a battle and never intended to.

I don't follow. What you've quoted from my post is what GHA are reported to have said. I've already said in my opinion what GHA have said doesn't make sense because Routemaster registered a replacement service for a withdrawn Arriva service and GHA never registered services a couple of minutes ahead of Arriva's services.

Routemaster's replacement C84 service didn't start the first day after Arriva cut back the frequency but Routemaster originally registered a replacement service for another route which Arriva had withdrawn completely, until they realised D&G had submitted a registration a few days earlier, at which point they sent a cancellation request for that service and a registration request for C84. From that it's clear Routemaster aren't out to create bus wars. However, that doesn't appear to be the case with GHA considering the 84 is the 3rd route they've registered in Cheshire West to run just ahead of an already successful service.

Quote:Just to clarify on a point you have raised there about 4993 UG to which i presume you are talking about my photo of it on the 89, i'd assume it is registered as a Coach rather than a Bus

That's the point I was making. You've made a presumption which may or may not be true but when GHA put out N8 GHA/N9 GHA everyone seemed to make a different presumption of "That's not allowed anymore."
(08/04/2016 19:23)motormayhem1 Wrote:  Every company as its good points and bad points wether it be drivers, state of the buses etc but as its stated that no one apart from the 2 operators involved will know facts and figures but as stated its the drivers i feel sorry for who read negative stuff and moral falls due to it.

The time when I've felt most sorry for drivers was when High Peak tried to run the 27 route commercially. One day it was a route operated by 2 buses to an hourly frequency with a £3.50 return fare for end to end journeys, the next it was a route operated by 1 bus to a 90 minute frequency (which never kept to time) and the fare rocketed to £4.80. Imagine you're already unhappy about the frequency cut, only to find the bus arrives late and you're told to pay 37% more than you expected!
828 down for Withdrawal, Was this a Commercial Route or a Tender?

PC1118341/8 - ROUTEMASTER BUSES LTD, UNIT 3, GATE FARM, WETTENHALL ROAD, NANTWICH, CW5 6AL
Cancellation Accepted: Operating between Nantwich Bus Station and Leighton Hospital given service number 828 effective from 06-Jun-2016.

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(15/04/2016 11:12)T42 PVM Wrote:  828 down for Withdrawal, Was this a Commercial Route or a Tender?

PC1118341/8 - ROUTEMASTER BUSES LTD, UNIT 3, GATE FARM, WETTENHALL ROAD, NANTWICH, CW5 6AL
Cancellation Accepted: Operating between Nantwich Bus Station and Leighton Hospital given service number 828 effective from 06-Jun-2016.

I think it is a positional move to get a bus to/from Crewe for the 68 service.
Looks like Routemaster are shutting down with D&G taking over most of their services from Monday:

PC1090231/97 - D & G BUS LIMITED T/A D & G BUS, MOSSFIELD ROAD, STOKE-ON-TRENT, ST3 5BW
Registration Accepted by SN
Starting Point: Crewe Bus Station
Finish Point: Crewe Bus Station
Via: Sydney
Service Number: 8
Service Type: Normal Stopping
Effective Date: 18-APR-2016
Other Details: Monday to Saturday

PC1090231/98 - D & G BUS LIMITED T/A D & G BUS, MOSSFIELD ROAD, STOKE-ON-TRENT, ST3 5BW
Finish Point: Kings Drive/Shelley Drive, Wistaston, Crewe
Via:
Service Number: 9
Other Details: Monday to Saturday

PC1090231/99 - D & G BUS LIMITED T/A D & G BUS, MOSSFIELD ROAD, STOKE-ON-TRENT, ST3 5BW
Finish Point: Crewe Bus Station
Via:
Service Number: 20
Other Details: Monday to Friday

PC1090231/100 - D & G BUS LIMITED T/A D & G BUS, MOSSFIELD ROAD, STOKE-ON-TRENT, ST3 5BW
Finish Point: Shavington Academy Rope lane, Shavington, Crewe
Via: Sydney, Marshfield, Wistaston
Service Number: 836
Other Details: Schooldays

PC1090231/101 - D & G BUS LIMITED T/A D & G BUS, MOSSFIELD ROAD, STOKE-ON-TRENT, ST3 5BW
Starting Point: Cholmondeley Road, Wrenbury, Nantwich
Finish Point: South Cheshire College, Dane Lane Avenue, Crewe
Via: Nantwich
Service Number: 863

PC1090231/102 - D & G BUS LIMITED T/A D & G BUS, MOSSFIELD ROAD, STOKE-ON-TRENT, ST3 5BW
Starting Point: Sheppenhall Grove, Aston, Nantwich
Finish Point: Brine Leas High School, Audlem Road, Nantwich
Via: Nantwich
Service Number: 871

PC1118341/2 - ROUTEMASTER BUSES LTD, UNIT 3, GATE FARM, WETTENHALL ROAD, NANTWICH, CW5 6AL
Cancellation Accepted by SN: Operating between Wrenbury Cotton Arms and Brine Leas School, Nantwich given service number 871 effective from 18-Apr-2016.

PC1118341/3 - ROUTEMASTER BUSES LTD, UNIT 3, GATE FARM, WETTENHALL ROAD, NANTWICH, CW5 6AL
Cancellation Accepted by SN: Operating between Aston Sheppenhall Grove and Danebank Avenue, Crewe given service number 863 effective from 18-Apr-2016.

PC1118341/15 - ROUTEMASTER BUSES LTD, UNIT 3, GATE FARM, WETTENHALL ROAD, NANTWICH, CW5 6AL
Cancellation Accepted by SN: Operating between Crewe Bus Station and Elm Drive, Crewe given service number 8A effective from 18-Apr-2016.

PC1118341/16 - ROUTEMASTER BUSES LTD, UNIT 3, GATE FARM, WETTENHALL ROAD, NANTWICH, CW5 6AL
Cancellation Accepted by SN: Operating between Crewe Bus Station and Wistaston, Kings Drive (9), Wistaston, Shelly Drive (9A) given service number 9/9A effective from 18-Apr-2016.

PC1118341/17 - ROUTEMASTER BUSES LTD, UNIT 3, GATE FARM, WETTENHALL ROAD, NANTWICH, CW5 6AL
Cancellation Accepted by SN: Operating between South Cheshire College and Crewe Bus Station given service number 20 effective from 18-Apr-2016.

PC1118341/18 - ROUTEMASTER BUSES LTD, UNIT 3, GATE FARM, WETTENHALL ROAD, NANTWICH, CW5 6AL
Cancellation Accepted by SN: Operating between Crewe Bus Station and Shavington High School given service number 836 effective from 18-Apr-2016.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)