Current time: 19/04/2024, 17:16 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Liverbus and Fareway
Liverbus and Fareway
I'm needing some help, as I'm trying to find out details of what services Liverbus and Fareway operated (generally in their pre-acquisition days).

If anyone can help, it would be greatly appreciated. Ideally, detailed route and frequency information would be better than simply "A" to "B", even if comparisons are made to current services as I can follow them on a map.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
RE: Liverbus and Fareway
Fareway were F1-5, F8 & F9. Also 130, 137 (maybe or something similar), 244. Probably one or two others but can't remember. Liverbus, 210,212,261,262, 274, 275. Again probably one or two others but can't quite remember. Hope this helps. How detailed do you want routes by the way.
Fareway (commercial routes):

F1/F2 City Centre-Kirkby - following route of 20/21
F3 City Centre-Kirkby, via Old Swan - unsure of route
F4/F5 City Centre-Kirkby -following route 14/14A
F8 City Centre-Kirkby) - following route 18 to Tuebrook, then via Fazakerley to Kirkby
F9 City Centre-Kirkby - following route 19

Liverbus (commercial routes):

210 City Centre-Huyton - following current route 10B
212 City Centre-Huyton - following routes 12/13 to Stockbridge then on to Huyton
258 Stockbridge Village-Huyton
261/262 - City Centre-Netherton/Huyton - via Bootle to Netherton, as old route 61A to Old Swan
then on to Huyton
274/275 - City Centre-Huyton Circs - following routes 8/9/15

Both also operated Merseytravel routes too.

Later there was a route F6 from Kirby-Netherton, I thing this was a positioning route.

Also, can guess from this where they're respective depots where!
The F3 use to go from kirkby-city centre by going from kirkby to blackbull then like a 61 to the old swan then like the 10/10A from old swan into liverpool and from what i can remember it use to be a very busy service as i remember catching it every saturday with me grandad as we use to get the 10 from st helens to old swan then the F3 to kirkby as use to love that route.
The F3 was also the service that the B10B's were used on when new.
Fareway ran the 137 between the City Centre and Crosby Hall Road Merseytravel contract. They took this over from Toppings/Toppline. This contract was created after North Western withdrew the L81.
I think fareway and liverbus was both cracking independents as there routes use to be great as didnt liverbus use to do a route that went and connected a load of places up as think it was that 261/262 as mentioned above.
(24/09/2013 08:07)St Helens Rider Wrote:  Fareway ran the 137 between the City Centre and Crosby Hall Road Merseytravel contract. They took this over from Toppings/Toppline. This contract was created after North Western withdrew the L81.

Thought it was that one, just wasn't 100%, they used the ex Southport Leyland Nationals on there.
(24/09/2013 08:12)motormayhem Wrote:  I think fareway and liverbus was both cracking independents as there routes use to be great as didnt liverbus use to do a route that went and connected a load of places up as think it was that 261/262 as mentioned above.

Agreed, used to use both companies when I went to Roby College with getting a Rainbow Ticket. Never minded going the long way round back then.
F8 covered the old 18C to Fazakerley, then extended to Kirkby

(24/09/2013 06:46)motormayhem Wrote:  The F3 use to go from kirkby-city centre by going from kirkby to blackbull then like a 61 to the old swan then like the 10/10A from old swan into liverpool and from what i can remember it use to be a very busy service as i remember catching it every saturday with me grandad as we use to get the 10 from st helens to old swan then the F3 to kirkby as use to love that route.

Nor sure of the F3 route from Kirkby but i remember it going via the 20-21 to Black Bull, then 61 to Alder Hey then 10-10A to City Centre

Liverbus routes i remember were
210 Huyton-City Centre now 10B
212 Huyton-City Centre direct to Page Moss then via the 12-13 through Stockbridge, West Derby, Tuebrook to City Centre, Merseybus responded with a 12A-13A
261 Huyton-City Centre via Bootle, Netherton went via the 61A Bootle to East Lancs Road then it's own route to Huyton, Merseybus extended the 61A to City Centre
274-275 City Centre-Huyton circular went via the 12-13 to Page Moss but went via Princess Road/Avenue & did not serve Stockbridge, then current 8-9 via Huyton to City Centre, Merseybus responded by extending the 9B as a circular 8-9 to City Centre.

My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/31135444@N02/

User(s) browsing this thread: