Current time: 05/05/2024, 14:24 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
RE: Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
I note the rise in single fares but drop in Dayrider price. I have also seen that paper Megariders will cease in mid-May in favour of Smartcards, which have been available online for some time.

Not only could this reduce sales of single tickets in favour of more Dayriders, but should also reduce the total numbers of paper tickets issued.

I saw my first Enviro400-MMC on route 197 earlier and rode it, namely 10480.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(02/04/2016 10:49)Metroline1511 Wrote:  I note the rise in single fares but drop in Dayrider price. I have also seen that paper Megariders will cease in mid-May in favour of Smartcards, which have been available online for some time.

Not only could this reduce sales of single tickets in favour of more Dayriders, but should also reduce the total numbers of paper tickets issued.

I saw my first Enviro400-MMC on route 197 earlier and rode it, namely 10480.

Noted 10483 on the 38 yesterday, no pic unfortunately....

https://www.flickr.com/photos/dmc1947/
10049 is parked up outside my house with a stagecoach van and engineer, not sure what's wrong but the engineer and driver were upstairs at the back, the engineer seemed to be expecting the bus as he waited outside with hazards on for about 30 mins before 10049 arrived. Not sure it was serious maybe a passenger puked upstairs maybe.
(02/04/2016 09:15)Dentonian Wrote:  Not heard of any moved to Wigan, but I have 49891-3 still in service; 49894/5 in reserve at MN and 49896 in reserve at HE. Saw yet another Solo on 173 yesterday, but not close enough to identify.

A Stagecoach employee who regularly posts various stagecoach related photos on a Facebook group posted a set of photos taken at Wigan about 10 days ago. From memory the two MPD Darts were there sporting there new non Blu registrations along with 4 of the Primo's.
It was reported elsewhere, just not on here.
33866 back to its original plate of VX05 TZO
33867 reregistered to GW55 XPX
10049 is still outside my house now on its own.

EDIT TO ADD- it's being loaded onto a recovery truck now.
(02/04/2016 18:51)Dentonian Wrote:  Unfortunately, "regular photographers" (particularly those lurking round the Barnsley scrapyards) seem to have an aversion to posting details elsewhere. For instance, this is the first I've heard of a second Dart gaining a "non-BLU" registration. 33867 gained a GW55 xxx reg, but not aware of any others. Also, 33866-9/72 have supposedly left Stagecoach for Ensign.

As mbonwick as said both 33866 and 33867 have lost their cherished plates.

According to Ross Newman from Ensign the only vehicles they have taken from Stagecoach are the 2 Darts 33866/67 and 33869 and 33972. All should have been collected last week from Wigan.

Still non the wiser as to why the two Darts lost their cherished plates.

And noticed both 33871 and 33875 in service today in Ashton.
i thought the plates where going back to the blubirds former owner although i don't know why

Bring Back Arriva Skelmersdale
(02/04/2016 19:59)Dentonian Wrote:  Honestly not seen any reference to 33866 reverting to its original registration, but that would be less of a surprise anyway. I'll pass on the fact that 33868 hasn't gone to the person who advised it had - albeit he would have got the info in good faith from a third party.

The ensign lists - which I'm sure you get as your an active member of the group there posted too, are posted monthly so it might well be that others pass other to Ensign 'this' month.
(02/04/2016 19:57)SLTRegular Wrote:  i thought the plates where going back to the blubirds former owner although i don't know why

This is what my mate from Middleton reckons is the case, but soon after the sale of Bluebird to Stagecoach 3 or 4 of the former vehicles lost thier cherished 'blu' marks in favour of standard registrations with the plates being retained by Mr Dubstan as part of the deal.
Surly if he had wanted further cherished registrations he would have taken them at the time instead of several years later. Further more why have the two mentioned above been taken off buses and retained yet the 'blu' marks on the Evolutions have been left on and Presumsbly will be sold like that?

User(s) browsing this thread: 10 Guest(s)