Current time: 21/06/2024, 20:29 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Routemaster Buses Nantwich
RE: Routemaster Buses Nantwich
To Withdrawn a service you have to inform VOSA 6 weeks in advance, you cannt just decide o stop running a Service

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(24/03/2016 23:01)T42 PVM Wrote:  To Withdrawn a service you have to inform VOSA 6 weeks in advance, you cannt just decide o stop running a Service

Presumsbly they would rather risk a hefty fine or PI infront of the TC than appily to cancel the service at short notice.
As we have seen in the past operators who have tried to pull off a service early have been forced to continue to run for the required 6 weeks.

I do feel sorry for Routemaster and like what's already been said above it's strange that their ditching a service as new vehicles acquired to run the service arrive but we are quick to slam GHA for dropping services for days on end but if operators arnt prepared to register and deregister servhces correctly giving the adequate level of notice then they deserve to have the book thrown at them.

How long has the C84 been running? It dosen't seem that long?
Find all posts by this user
The C84 started on 4th January. What hasn't helped Routemasters is GHA running a few minutes in front of them. Let's be honest, I don't think this is a corridor which has enough custom for 3 operators and at the Crewe - Nantwich end, there are presently 4 operators including D&G.
(25/03/2016 08:31)St Helens Rider Wrote:  The C84 started on 4th January. What hasn't helped Routemasters is GHA running a few minutes in front of them. Let's be honest, I don't think this is a corridor which has enough custom for 3 operators and at the Crewe - Nantwich end, there are presently 4 operators including D&G.

What doesn't help is operators not knowing what their rivals are doing.

Last November when Arriva announced they were pulling out of running the number 8 service in Crewe and cutting the 84 services to Chester to hourly D&G Bus registered a number 8 route and a half-hourly 84 (between Crewe and Nantwich only), Routemaster also registered a number 8 route and a hourly C84 between Chester and Crewe. The D&G registrations meant Routemaster submitted a request to cancel the 8 service almost as soon as they registered it, while the Routemaster C84 registration resulted in D&G cutting their 84 service from half-hourly to hourly.

GHA just wanted to be greedy. Someone claimed senior management at GHA said they registered an 84 service because their Tarvin passengers were instead using Routemaster. However, Routemaster were only plugging the gap left by Arriva so if GHA passengers were switching to Routemaster it must have been because either passengers thought the Routemaster service was better than what Arriva used to provide or because the GHA (82) service was becoming unreliable.
Oh this sounds a right mess , but dont forget it is a commercial market place and to an extent as long as it is registered properly its ok .

What i dont agree with is not running registered services unless the company goes out of business , this is the point in the process where the traffic commissioner's have a field day.
Is 3 months really enough to establish a service though? With or without competition from GHA it dosen't seem very long at all.

The problem is if they try and plug a gap somewhere else is GHA going to come along and register a duplicate service.
I wonder how long GHA will last on the route now! I can see just going back to just being Arriva's corridor again but with the reduced hourly full route headway.
(25/03/2016 12:27)St Helens Rider Wrote:  I wonder how long GHA will last on the route now! I can see just going back to just being Arriva's corridor again but with the reduced hourly full route headway.

Gha seem to do well at making some very marginal routes work. I can't see them going, but perhaps pruning the very early journies (and perhaps curtailing to nantwich in the long run)
Hope that doesn't happen otherwise it's a fair ole trek into town from chester train station!
Is Routemaster's C84 a runner today? Thanks.

User(s) browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)