Current time: 02/06/2024, 13:23 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Go North East
RE: Go North East
The TEN will be converted to double decker operation at some point, it's a case of when. The suitability of both a standard diesel and a hybrid Volvo B9TL Wright Eclipse Gemini 2 will be tested on the route to see which is most appropriate. If it is deemed that hybrid deckers are suitable for the route, funding will be sought after from the Green Bus Fund. It is also likely that another batch of vehicles will be applied for though the Green Bus Fund. The TEN Mercedes Citaros will then cascade onto The Crusader in coincide with the South Tyne Partnership.

The Highwayman 97/98/98A will recieve Solar L94/Wright Solar's being displaced from other services and spare vehicles.

As has already been stated in the press release the Tyne Tees Express operations will gain a batch of new Volvo B9TL Wright Eclipse Gemini 2 with a few extra features. These vehicles are anticipated to arrive early to mid autumn this year.

A batch of Volvo B9TL Wright Eclipse Gemini 2 have also been ordered to replace the current Mercedes Citaros on Red Arrows X1 services. These are expected to start arriving very soon, during late summer/early autumn this year. No guaranteed dates can be given as they will arrive as and when each vehicle is completed.

Angel service 21 will also be gaining a batch of Volvo B9TL Wright Eclipse Gemini 2, however these vehicles will feature Volvo's Parallel Hybrid System. These vehicles are also expected to arrive this year around the late autumn/early winter period. All new vehicles should be in service prior to the new year.

As all ready seen The Loop vehicles have recently been refurbished and rebranded for this service. Within the next two to three weeks the full fleet of Red Kite vehicles will also been rebranded. The Prince Bishop vehicles have also started to be rebranded. There are also a number of other brands being redesigned as well as some new brands coming over the next few months of this year.

Plans for the 64,64A, 95 and 96 services are still being finalised. So the vehicles used on these services has yet been finalised.

The amount of Dennis Dart SPD vehicles still in service was not what was anticipated at this point, this is why so many fleet changes are occurring to dispse of these vehicles. It is also anticipated by early Spring next year that no Volvo Olympains will remain in service. These vehicles will be displaced by Dennis Trident Plaxton Presidents, Dennis Trident East Lancs Lolynes, Volvo Plaxton Presidents and Volvo East Lancs Vykings.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(10/06/2012 21:40)citaro5284 Wrote:  The new vehicles will most probably be not in service by 25th July. The vehicles are not due to be start delivered until mid July, but there is quite a bit of work to do behind the scenes as these vehicles having to be fitted with digitial tachographs meaning all the X9/X10 drivers will need to be in possession of a digital tacho card before the vehicles go on the road (around 40 drivers all in total) and they all need the associated training that goes with it. The current vehicles have analogue tacho's fitted.

(24/07/2012 16:10)B.I.Q. Wrote:  As has already been stated in the press release the Tyne Tees Express operations will gain a batch of new Volvo B9TL Wright Eclipse Gemini 2 with a few extra features. These vehicles are anticipated to arrive early to mid autumn this year.

A batch of Volvo B9TL Wright Eclipse Gemini 2 have also been ordered to replace the current Mercedes Citaros on Red Arrows X1 services. These are expected to start arriving very soon, during late summer/early autumn this year. No guaranteed dates can be given as they will arrive as and when each vehicle is completed.

Now, this seems to be a bit of a contradiction on what we already know. The X9/X10 ones are supposed to be the ones due first (and given the state of the B7TLs currently used on there, they're needed quickly) and, as I understand it, they at Wrightbus now, just waiting for delivery.

Your roving North East reporter, bring you the latest news from Arriva North East, Stagcoach North East and Go North East.

My Flickr
Updated regularly
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
East Lancs Vyking 3972 is in the paintshop - http://www.flickr.com/photos/77351420@N04/7637710208/ - destined for Northern.

Solar 5227 is also in the process of being painted green - http://www.flickr.com/photos/77351420@N04/7637729570/ .
(24/07/2012 16:10)B.I.Q. Wrote:  The TEN will be converted to double decker operation at some point, it's a case of when. The suitability of both a standard diesel and a hybrid Volvo B9TL Wright Eclipse Gemini 2 will be tested on the route to see which is most appropriate. If it is deemed that hybrid deckers are suitable for the route, funding will be sought after from the Green Bus Fund. It is also likely that another batch of vehicles will be applied for though the Green Bus Fund. The TEN Mercedes Citaros will then cascade onto The Crusader in coincide with the South Tyne Partnership.
Do all of the vehicles need to be deckers or is it just one of the routes which is busiest. I have traveled on the 10 to and from Hexham during peak times quite a number of times and there only seems to be 1 or 2 people standing, and its only normally for a short period.

Also do you work for GNE? This seems to be a very specific post!
(24/07/2012 16:24)kuyoyo Wrote:  
(10/06/2012 21:40)citaro5284 Wrote:  The new vehicles will most probably be not in service by 25th July. The vehicles are not due to be start delivered until mid July, but there is quite a bit of work to do behind the scenes as these vehicles having to be fitted with digitial tachographs meaning all the X9/X10 drivers will need to be in possession of a digital tacho card before the vehicles go on the road (around 40 drivers all in total) and they all need the associated training that goes with it. The current vehicles have analogue tacho's fitted.

(24/07/2012 16:10)B.I.Q. Wrote:  As has already been stated in the press release the Tyne Tees Express operations will gain a batch of new Volvo B9TL Wright Eclipse Gemini 2 with a few extra features. These vehicles are anticipated to arrive early to mid autumn this year.

Now, this seems to be a bit of a contradiction on what we already know. The X9/X10 ones are supposed to be the ones due first (and given the state of the B7TLs currently used on there, they're needed quickly) and, as I understand it, they at Wrightbus now, just waiting for delivery.

The X9/X10 vehicles are due very shortly. I understand that these will be the first ones to arrive. The training for the digital tachographs starts next week.
Some rare workings on the 17 yesterday:

3890 (NK51UCT)
4948 (NK51OLO)

Smile Thanks,
Thomas, Tyne and Wear Reporter Smile

Visit my photostream here
(Updated often)

Was SPD17
X921WGR is on the X9/X10 today.
I know this is a little bit off topic, but does anyone else dislike the displays where the numbers can be a different colour?

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

(25/07/2012 19:06)tom.robinson206 Wrote:  I know this is a little bit off topic, but does anyone else dislike the displays where the numbers can be a different colour?

Example:

I think it works well in most situations to relate back to the colour of the brand.

Up until recently Go North East used a purple colour for the 36 number on the destination header, and the normal orange colour for the 42 number. That meant that whenever I was stood at Vine Place, I could tell from a distance if it was the 36 or the 42 approaching the stop; my eyesight isn't that great to see the destination from a distance. You need to thrust your hand out early to catch the 36 because Vine Place is so clogged and no-one ever alights the 36 at Vine Place. But the 42 appears as purple now making them harder to distinguish. I always try to catch the 36 from Park Lane whenever I can instead; or if I do need to wait at Vine Place, I'll try and see if the bus swings out of Mary Street (36), or comes from further afield at Priestman Roundabout (42).

What I do think would improve legibility on all services is if the via..... was removed. I think having a single large destination heading would be much easier to read. On most branded routes, the main intermediate destinations appear on the side of the bus on the livery. If someone is that unsure about the intermediate destinations served, they're really best off asking the driver for advice, rather than squinting at the fast rolling via text.
a know its not really that i9mportnat or anything but........... found what seems to be an ex go north east dart for sale on the internet (well judging by the moquette any ways) http://www.usedcoachsales.co.uk/coach.ihtml?coach=850
i would definitely consider getting that for the price!!!!

User(s) browsing this thread: 7 Guest(s)