Current time: 06/05/2024, 19:12 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
RE: Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
(15/03/2016 20:07)Benzo Wrote:  Looks possible, I have spotted on a few occasions this and last week around 12:15 Sharston Magic buses (17667, 19181, 19223, 19245) driving through Ashton bus station and straight out again with many drivers on board, assumedly route training

A former colleague has mentioned this is happening. It makes sense given the staff canteen is at Southern Cemetery, although I'd have thought Ashton would have operated it.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(16/03/2016 06:49)Nicholas Wrote:  A former colleague has mentioned this is happening. It makes sense given the staff canteen is at Southern Cemetery, although I'd have thought Ashton would have operated it.

An Ashton driver hinted to me sometime ago that they would probably be getting the 168/9 and the 7 but it's certainly not happened.
Any reason why Hyde rd is loosing more work?
Strange working sees Magicbus 17535 out on 76/76As at the moment, driver at Oldham Depot has just seen it in Oldham and let me know
(15/03/2016 20:07)Benzo Wrote:  Looks possible, I have spotted on a few occasions this and last week around 12:15 Sharston Magic buses (17667, 19181, 19223, 19245) driving through Ashton bus station and straight out again with many drivers on board, assumedly route training

I noticed one of Sharstons MMC's on Oldham Road a couple of weeks ago absolutely packed with drivers so they were probably route learning.
Will be interesting to see if the full 7 day service ends up with Sharston or whether Hyde Road retain the Sunday journeys and the Sunday evening workings as I believe they interwork with other stuff.
(16/03/2016 10:26)Mayneway Wrote:  An Ashton driver hinted to me sometime ago that they would probably be getting the 168/9 and the 7 but it's certainly not happened.
Any reason why Hyde rd is loosing more work?

The aforementioned former colleague said some Magic Work would be going the other way. There's also been suggestion of some short 192s going back to HE, but I don't know how much truth there is in that.
(16/03/2016 18:49)Nicholas Wrote:  The aforementioned former colleague said some Magic Work would be going the other way. There's also been suggestion of some short 192s going back to HE, but I don't know how much truth there is in that.

168/169 to Sharston
197 to Stockport
Upto 18 additional magics
And additional 191s
What are the upto additonal 18 Magics for and whats this about additional 191s?
(17/03/2016 06:55)M60lad Wrote:  What are the upto additonal 18 Magics for and whats this about additional 191s?

How many Magics do they need? Whenever I see them,there's an awful lot of pretty empty buses going past.
Looking at the new timetables for the 340, 406 and 425, it would appear that the 340 will interwork with the 425 during evenings and the 406 during Sunday daytime period, which I'm guessing would mean the 406 transferring from Middleton depot to Ashton depot, while 425 is also operated by Ashton depot.

https://tis-kml-stagecoach.s3.amazonaws....JAO340.pdf
https://tis-kml-stagecoach.s3.amazonaws....JAO406.pdf
https://tis-kml-stagecoach.s3.amazonaws....JAO425.pdf
(17/03/2016 06:55)M60lad Wrote:  What are the upto additonal 18 Magics for and whats this about additional 191s?

The extra magics will probably help Hyde rd cover other services more easily when things go up the wall and the 191s just a few extra to what Hyde rd normally do

User(s) browsing this thread: 10 Guest(s)