Current time: 25/06/2024, 22:55 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
Northern Rail
RE: Northern Rail
I think that Northern having taken over the Windermere service could have been imaginative with the electric destinations of there services , alongside Manchester how about a Liverpool service , but everything is now set in stone .
Find all posts by this user
(09/02/2016 12:10)wirralbus Wrote:  I think that Northern having taken over the Windermere service could have been imaginative with the electric destinations of there services , alongside Manchester how about a Liverpool service , but everything is now set in stone .

Has here ever been a through Liverpool - Windermere service? I know in the days of First North Western, there was the odd Liverpool - Barrow through journey.
No not to my knowledge but a through Liverpool - Windermere could become a possibility when the Oxenholme - Windermere line eventually gets its infill electrification.

What is seriously detrimental to a better service between Oxenholme and Windermere is the lack of a passing loop , a more frequent service could even entice Virgin into operating a London Euston - Windermere service , how many people hate that change at windswept Oxenholme .
(09/02/2016 09:12)T42 PVM Wrote:  I see a Class 319 managed to fail at Thatto Heath yesterday afternoon!

Yes,it was 319366 on the 1835 Wigan-Lime St
(09/02/2016 14:52)Gordon V Wrote:  Yes,it was 319366 on the 1835 Wigan-Lime St

Thanks!

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Northern Rail , they do seem to have a problem at the moment get one line open and another pops off the list.

Newcastle - Carlisle now open after landslips in the Hexham - Prudhoe area and Appleby - Carlisle now closed due to a severe landslip at Eden Brow just north of Appleby .
Network Rail are now saying that the line between Appleby - Carlisle could be closed for a couple of months .

They advise that it is now no longer safe to operate Single Line Working.

This winter is really putting a strain on the engineering side of Network Rail , with incidents at Shakespeare Cliff , Blaenau Ffestiniog line , Eden Brow and Lamington .

With the potential for even more serious problems if there is any more significant weather problems .
I caught a glimpse of 319369 sat at lime st looking decidedly out of use this evening. Any idea what was up? Was a diesel sent out in place?
(18/02/2016 18:24)jtd508110 Wrote:  I caught a glimpse of 319369 sat at lime st looking decidedly out of use this evening. Any idea what was up? Was a diesel sent out in place?

Not sure what time you saw it, but it was there at 1820.
Sometimes, outside of the peaks, a 319 is stabled in Lime St, so potentially at 1820 ish, it's peak hour work could have finished, but if you saw it earlier than that it was probably a failure!
(18/02/2016 18:24)jtd508110 Wrote:  I caught a glimpse of 319369 sat at lime st looking decidedly out of use this evening. Any idea what was up? Was a diesel sent out in place?

Can confirm when you saw it it was a failure due to MCB problems
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)