Current time: 16/06/2024, 01:01 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
Northern Rail
RE: Northern Rail
Northern Rail services between Leeds and Carlisle are running to a revised timetable due to a landslip in the appleby area which is resulting in SLW in the area.

Im not sure if there is any planned charter work for the S&C but i would hazard a guess this is going to seriously hamper any charters particulary on a saturday.
Find all posts by this user
It looks like the Eccles curse has struck again this evening - the 1840 MIA to LIV has lost 52 minutes between Ordsall Lane & Eccles, but no reason shown (courtesy of Real time trains)
The reason was a tree branch on the roof of a diesel service causing the overhead to short out .

It is an occupational hazard in windy weather to pick up tree branches.

Everything that was approaching Manchester came to a stop because of this incident .
(02/02/2016 20:56)wirralbus Wrote:  The reason was a tree branch on the roof of a diesel service causing the overhead to short out .

It is an occupational hazard in windy weather to pick up tree branches.

Everything that was approaching Manchester came to a stop because of this incident .

Thanks for the explanation, Wirralbu
It was nice to blame something other than the under fire Class 319's .
I have just had a look at a Class 333 stopping at Apperley Bridge station , one of the new stations that has recently opened in West Yorkshire .

To be honest the station has really been built with no growth in mind as the Class 333 just about fits the platform , im not sure how busy services are in the West Yorkshire area these days , you would have thought that inbuilt growth on some of the stations would make more sense in the long term.
A few things I have noticed over the last few days have raised a few questions/observations:

1. I have noticed on the 319's a small what appears to be an LCD panel by the first set of doors displaying "Not In Use". Is this some kind of function that was in use when these units were in Driver Only Operation (DOO) mode down South.

2. I was on the South Fylde Line yesterday and noticed all Blackpool South - Colne were formed of 4 carriages but with 2 carriages locked out of use. Seemed a bit strange given that Northern are regularly short of DMU's I can understand using 4 carriages (in use) in the Blackpool holiday season but on a miserable Saturday in February, I'm sure the spare unit could have been better utilised elsewhere.
I was reading an article that one set of doors could be locked out of use for when the Class 319 could carry Royal Mail Bags , oh remember them days when mail was carried on service trains .
(07/02/2016 21:57)St Helens Rider Wrote:  1. I have noticed on the 319's a small what appears to be an LCD panel by the first set of doors displaying "Not In Use". Is this some kind of function that was in use when these units were in Driver Only Operation (DOO) mode down South.

That will be the first set of double doors behind the Driver on the DTS B vehicle. Wirralbus is right. There was also an internal door which has long been removed, which could be locked to make a secure area for parcels and mail.

SD.
I see a Class 319 managed to fail at Thatto Heath yesterday afternoon!

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)