Current time: 17/06/2024, 19:42 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Go North East
RE: Go North East
Rule one - drivers aren't the best source for things like that.

I think on the Solars for the Highwayman we'll have to just wait and see. As it's only the 97/98/98A that are getting a vehicle upgrade, there's only a need for 9 Solars (of which 5218 is one of them).

As for the Cadets onto 'South Tyne' 5, considering 8242 is at Saltmeadows it seems to be staying as being operated from there.

Your roving North East reporter, bring you the latest news from Arriva North East, Stagcoach North East and Go North East.

My Flickr
Updated regularly
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(22/07/2012 13:52)kuyoyo Wrote:  Rule one - drivers aren't the best source for things like that.

I think on the Solars for the Highwayman we'll have to just wait and see. As it's only the 97/98/98A that are getting a vehicle upgrade, there's only a need for 9 Solars (of which 5218 is one of them).

As for the Cadets onto 'South Tyne' 5, considering 8242 is at Saltmeadows it seems to be staying as being operated from there.

Totally agree that is why I did not report it earlier, however the fact that 5218 has now been painted green led me to believe that at least some of the information was correct. The fact that solars will be going onto the Highwayman - Photo here http://www.flickr.com/photos/76984289@N0...otostream/ by Anthony Armitage

Isn't the PVR of the 97/98/98A going to be 11 vehicles as they inter-work at Newcastle.
Find all posts by this user
(22/07/2012 14:56)Kate Wrote:  
(22/07/2012 13:52)kuyoyo Wrote:  Rule one - drivers aren't the best source for things like that.

Totally agree that is why I did not report it earlier, however the fact that 5218 has now been painted green led me to believe that at least some of the information was correct. The fact that solars will be going onto the Highwayman.

Isn't the PVR of the 97/98/98A going to be 11 vehicles as they inter-work at Newcastle.

Not entirely sure. But I think it's safe to say - wait and see what actually happens. Let's not forget there's still what is to become of the Citaros off the X1 and 5 of the B7TLs off the X9/X10 (the other 2 are remaining at Gateshead as back-up to the new B9TLs).

Your roving North East reporter, bring you the latest news from Arriva North East, Stagcoach North East and Go North East.

My Flickr
Updated regularly
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(22/07/2012 15:03)kuyoyo Wrote:  
(22/07/2012 14:56)Kate Wrote:  

Totally agree that is why I did not report it earlier, however the fact that 5218 has now been painted green led me to believe that at least some of the information was correct. The fact that solars will be going onto the Highwayman.

Not entirely sure. But I think it's safe to say - wait and see what actually happens. Let's not forget there's still what is to become of the Citaros off the X1 and 5 of the B7TLs off the X9/X10 (the other 2 are remaining at Gateshead as back-up to the new B9TLs).
If successful for funding, the TEN will become double deck, moving the Citaro's to Gateshead for 27, which releases the Volvo B10's, even though they are getting on a bit, they are still good work horses.
Is it still correct that Lime Service 8/78 etc will receive Scania Omnicities from Red Kite/West Durham Swift. Red Kite to receive Citaros?! and West Durham Swift to be re branded with X9/X10 B7TLs. Also heard Venture V8 may become Lime Connect?!
Saying as a lot of gne's brands are being re done when are they going to do this with many of the old Percy main liveries. If they do this does anyone think they would brand the 17
(22/07/2012 16:48)Wellsey18 Wrote:  Saying as a lot of gne's brands are being re done when are they going to do this with many of the old Percy main liveries. If they do this does anyone think they would brand the 17

The 17 and 307 interwork, so it might be tricky to design a brand for both routes.
(22/07/2012 19:57)tom.robinson206 Wrote:  
(22/07/2012 16:48)Wellsey18 Wrote:  Saying as a lot of gne's brands are being re done when are they going to do this with many of the old Percy main liveries. If they do this does anyone think they would brand the 17

The 17 and 307 interwork, so it might be tricky to design a brand for both routes.

Yes, they do but only certain buses do - I doubt the 17 will get a brand, though.

Smile Thanks,
Thomas, Tyne and Wear Reporter Smile

Visit my photostream here
(Updated often)

Was SPD17
(22/07/2012 20:03)W179 SCU Wrote:  
(22/07/2012 19:57)tom.robinson206 Wrote:  

Yes, they do but only certain buses do - I doubt the 17 will get a brand, though.

I don't see why the 17 and 307 even need to interwork, because the 307 can do the round trip in less than 1 hour, still only requiring one bus.

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)