Current time: 06/05/2024, 16:32 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
RE: Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
(02/01/2016 21:35)Dentonian Wrote:  Sunday 156 has been with Stagecoach for some time (Apr 2015 at the latest). MCT just run evenings. I'm not aware of any case of one Operator covering TFGM tenders for another (unless re-assigned on an emergency, due to cessation), and all TFGM tenders are standard ops in terms of Days. ie. Sundays and Public Holidays are identical. The only variations are Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Years Day when no tenders run, and on the Eves, where tenders finish "in line" with the general commercial ops of the Operator with the Evening tender.

Don't forget, all services in GM are detailed in TFGM Bus Times leaflet, and if they are out of print, there is always a web version available on the TFGM website.

Oh yes Dentonian! I went back to the TfGM website to see the timetable. I noticed the letter "a" missing from Sundays meaning yes, it was supposed to be Stagecoach! I think there have been examples of an alternative operator to Stagecoach on Mon-Sat but not on Sundays. Oh well, maybe I shall try the evening service this summer!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Must have been confusing for some passengers on the 192 route today seeing 192-branded E400Hs operating on rail replacement bus services between Stockport and Manchester Piccadilly.

Meanwhile, MAN 22392 operating on the 38 today.
BMC FE1100 29723 (BU04 CAA) is now withdrawn from the fleet
Noticed an out of service Magic ALX Trident in Glossop most afternoons last week but was unable to ID it or work out where it had come from etc, but today the driver hasn't chenged the desti and it had infact just completed the 700 Bluecoat school service previously worked by ST's remaining B10Ms. Sadly again I was unable to confirm the I'd but I'm just wondering if a Trident has transferred to ST for this working or whether the service has moved to HE. HE already do a number of schools in the area mainly Longendale HS.
(12/01/2016 21:52)Mayneway Wrote:  Noticed an out of service Magic ALX Trident in Glossop most afternoons last week but was unable to ID it or work out where it had come from etc, but today the driver hasn't chenged the desti and it had infact just completed the 700 Bluecoat school service previously worked by ST's remaining B10Ms. Sadly again I was unable to confirm the I'd but I'm just wondering if a Trident has transferred to ST for this working or whether the service has moved to HE. HE already do a number of schools in the area mainly Longendale HS.

This will be 17638 I think which has moved to stockport from sharston.
(13/01/2016 19:37)joe_alker Wrote:  This will be 17638 I think which has moved to stockport from sharston.

Yep realised it's still run by ST as a 192 branded hybrid was used this afternoon- makes you wonder though if a Enviro400 can get over the bridge in Broadbottom why have they contined to use the B10Ms for so long.
The 197 at 8.32 from Albert Square was a Trident yet again today for a Saturday! This time it was 17699, an E Lancs example. I marvel at how this journey is so often Trident instead of Enviro400 or the standard E400H.

In the cold weather today, there was a clearer view out of the windows than on my next bus, an Enviro400 on route 330 from Ashton.
(16/01/2016 21:57)Dentonian Wrote:  Sounds like bad routing. Made all the more unfathomable because the 197 is the only HE service terminating in Albert Square, whilst the only roure that regularly sees (non-Magic) Tridents allocated is 168/9, which is remote from the city centre.

When you passed through Stockport, did you notice that 20982 was still parked up in the compound between the depot and the bus station - despite it being reported as "sold". Wonder if 20983 has been sold instead.

I may be able to look out for it one day soon.

Talking about the Volvo B10M single-decks, I rode one of them on route 322 on 24.11.15, 10 days after their official farewell! I doubt they could work now for being non-DDA compliant. It was my first step single-decker since 2012!
(16/01/2016 21:57)Dentonian Wrote:  Sounds like bad routing. Made all the more unfathomable because the 197 is the only HE service terminating in Albert Square, whilst the only roure that regularly sees (non-Magic) Tridents allocated is 168/9, which is remote from the city centre.

When you passed through Stockport, did you notice that 20982 was still parked up in the compound between the depot and the bus station - despite it being reported as "sold". Wonder if 20983 has been sold instead.

I don't know if there's been a change of allocating policy at HE but I've noticed since the beginning of January the 168/169 seems to have swung back towards Enviro400's. Obviously the Tridents still appear very often but this so called 'pool' of Corpy Tridents for the 168/169 isn't quite the case with them turning up on pretty much anything.
I don't pay too much attention when I'm driving but im sure I've seen an unbranded 12 reg Enviro400 on the 168/169 a few times lately.
That'd be 10042.

User(s) browsing this thread: 13 Guest(s)