Current time: 03/05/2024, 17:38 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - St Helens Depot
RE: Arriva North West - St Helens Depot
I would hardly say that more Cadets are unsuitable for St Helens. They're pretty much perfect for the town services with the exception of the 34/A which is usually in the hands of full size single decks anyway.

[Image: 1chYP.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(08/01/2016 21:12)CX54 DKD Wrote:  I would hardly say that more Cadets are unsuitable for St Helens. They're pretty much perfect for the town services with the exception of the 34/A which is usually in the hands of full size single decks anyway.

320/360, 352/395 and the 34/34A I'd say are the exceptions. Some pulsars have seen also service on the 20 in recent weeks, more than usual.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Re-read my post, the 320/360 and 352/395 are hardly town services. In fact, the 34/A only really is at a stretch. Besides which, I've already given that as an exception. As for the 20, it's perfectly suitable for Cadet operation, it's been in the hands of Darts for years.

Also, just because the 20 has seen operation of Pulsars, doesn't mean it needs them. The 37/38/356 also see Pulsars on occasion and certainly don't need them.

The Commanders see regular use on the 89 and if they do leave theres no way a Cadet would be suitable for that route, Pulsars and Renowns are only just ideal for it

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
When the Cadets used to be on the 89, full and standing loads were a common sight.
(08/01/2016 21:54)T42 PVM Wrote:  The Commanders see regular use on the 89 and if they do leave theres no way a Cadet would be suitable for that route, Pulsars and Renowns are only just ideal for it

Completely agree. Personally I think the 89 needs a double decker allocation considering how busy it gets at all times of the day
(08/01/2016 21:54)T42 PVM Wrote:  The Commanders see regular use on the 89 and if they do leave theres no way a Cadet would be suitable for that route, Pulsars and Renowns are only just ideal for it
Again, see reference to my comments regarding Cadets taking up town, or local if that reduces confusion, services. Full size vehicles being used on there, such as Pulsars and Renowns, would obviously then see use on the routes which need them i.e. the 89. I haven't suggested that going back to Cadets on the 89, or replacing St Helens' entire single deck allocation with them, is a viable option. I used the 89 on a daily basis when Cadets were the allocation and I'm more than aware of the capacity issues.

Please correct me if I'm wrong but your posts seems to suggest that the Commanders are a better allocation for the 89 than a Pulsar or Renown would be? They all seat 44, so I'm confused as to why that would be.

(08/01/2016 23:38)CX54 DKD Wrote:  Again, see reference to my comments regarding Cadets taking up town, or local if that reduces confusion, services. Full size vehicles being used on there, such as Pulsars and Renowns, would obviously then see use on the routes which need them i.e. the 89. I haven't suggested that going back to Cadets on the 89, or replacing St Helens' entire single deck allocation with them, is a viable option. I used the 89 on a daily basis when Cadets were the allocation and I'm more than aware of the capacity issues.

Please correct me if I'm wrong but your posts seems to suggest that the Commanders are a better allocation for the 89 than a Pulsar or Renown would be? They all seat 44, so I'm confused as to why that would be.

I never said they would be better than a Renown or Pulsar, i said they are miles better than a Cadet

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
(08/01/2016 23:38)CX54 DKD Wrote:  Again, see reference to my comments regarding Cadets taking up town, or local if that reduces confusion, services. Full size vehicles being used on there, such as Pulsars and Renowns, would obviously then see use on the routes which need them i.e. the 89. I haven't suggested that going back to Cadets on the 89, or replacing St Helens' entire single deck allocation with them, is a viable option. I used the 89 on a daily basis when Cadets were the allocation and I'm more than aware of the capacity issues.

Ah yes I see it now and its town services. Where is it the 89 starts getting busy, Huyton to the Airport and same in the opposite direction?
The few times I have used the 89 is steady to Belle Vale Shopping Centre , then the fun begins from there all the way to St Helens.

User(s) browsing this thread: 30 Guest(s)