Current time: 08/05/2024, 16:17 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - St Helens Depot
RE: Arriva North West - St Helens Depot
4169 has been spotted on the 10

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Just looking at the new 352 Timetable now and was wondering when they introduced trips out of St Helens at 5:30 and 5:45 as i thought the first trip was only at 5:55

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
(07/01/2016 22:33)T42 PVM Wrote:  Just looking at the new 352 Timetable now and was wondering when they introduced trips out of St Helens at 5:30 and 5:45 as i thought the first trip was only at 5:55

I think it's because when it changes to 395 and when the bus gets to the concourse it changes to the 313 , so it needs to leave St. Helens that bit earlier.
Find all posts by this user
The 352/395/313 will all interwork from 24th January and extra trips in peak hour to link up with the 311 at the concourse .
I saw 2579 on the 78 earlier today - does anybody know if it is a permanent move or just a loan?
Based on what Mm said a few weeks ago about St helens losing their commanders I would say that is probably permanent. Especially with Speke losing those three gemini's
The question is speke getting new deckers this year and if yes then they may return when they arrive.
Sounds a right merry go round , but seems like Speke get first dibs of anything available these days .
(08/01/2016 17:56)wirralbus Wrote:  Sounds a right merry go round , but seems like Speke get first dibs of anything available these days .

Speke depot has lost three Gemini 2s to Winsford and they need replacing - it's as simple as that. There are presently no spare double deckers available and as Commanders are the only single deck type in use at Speke it would make sense to transfer a few extra Cadets to St Helens and once they have arrived then transfer a few Commanders to Speke. Apart from the fact Commanders are a standard type there Cadets are far too small for any of Speke's routes

As Motormayhem has said - it is entirely possible the Commanders could end up returning to St Helens if Speke receives the proposed hybrid double deckers later this year. The X-reg Renowns were replaced at St Helens back in February and the majority returned within a few months after they were replaced at Green Lane by the second batch of Enviro400s
On the Arriva Liverpool Depots Facebook Page on Facebook it confirms that 2577 and 2579 have arrived at Speke, i would assume 2578 will follow as replacements for the 3 Gemini 2s that you mention, The thing that bugs me is i bet St Helens gets more Cadets from Winsford meaning the Depot will have to many smaller Buses...

User(s) browsing this thread: 40 Guest(s)